VectorLinux
October 01, 2014, 08:16:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WICD - Unable to get IP address???????  (Read 1339 times)
karlito086

« on: July 15, 2012, 09:05:30 am »

I installed Vector Linux Lite 7.0 and when i tryed to connect to internet i get next message from WICD:
"Connection failed: Unable to get IP address"
Please help me!
I am using LAN connection, which is OK because I tested it on other computer and internet works fine there.
retired1af
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 09:41:33 am »

WICD is used for wireless connections.

ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz
karlito086

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 01:58:43 pm »

Can you then tell me what should I use to connect on internet in my case? tnx
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 06:26:58 pm »

I'm not too good with this internet connection business, but I use wicd for both my wired and wireless connections.  I would go to Preferences at the top of the main WICD page and check to see what it shown for the wired interface.  It probably should be eth0 or eth1 or something like that.

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
MarkGrieveson
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 07:49:31 pm »

Not sure about LAN connections.  For me, I use a pppoe connection, rather than wireless.  So, as root in the terminal I entered the command "pppoe-setup" then entered the information as requested.  After that, to start the connection, I would enter the command "pppoe-start" and to stop it "pppoe-stop" (note, all commands are entered without quotes).

I am using VL7.0 standard with XFCE
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: