VectorLinux
October 02, 2014, 06:09:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to change keyboard layout at login screen?  (Read 953 times)
gebr7

« on: July 18, 2012, 11:14:02 am »

Hello,
I've just installed VectorLinux 7.0 (64 bit) using a "US" language and keyboard layout. Afterwards, I changed the keybord setting in XFCE to a german keyboard and I changed /etc/profile.d/lang.sh using "export LANG=en_US.UTF-8" (I prefer english menus etc).

After the next reboot, there was a ncurses window. Unfortunately, I couldn't read it (most of the text was covered with a blue area). But I think the last line was about configuring a keybord layout (that line was not the right one for me). So, what should I do? I hit Enter an was presented with a US keyboard layout, again.

Well, I know how to log in with this US keyboard layout but I would like to change that because my password contains some special characters.

When X is running, I've got a german keyboard layout. That's fine.

So, how can I change the keyboard layout at the login screen to "de_DE.UTF-8"?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: