VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: [solved] k9copy crashes  (Read 1101 times)

MarkGrieveson

• Vectorian
[solved] k9copy crashes
« on: July 23, 2012, 11:23:16 am »

Hello.  I used to have no problems with k9copy (2.3.8-i586-1vl70) but recently it won't allow me to even open a video dvd.  Here is the terminal output when I run it and try to open a video dvd:

Code: [Select]
mark:$ k9copy
Disc in /dev/sr0 is a Video DVD
k9copy(3194)/kdecore (trader) KServiceTypeTrader::defaultOffers: KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType  "ThumbCreator"  not found
k9copy(3194)/kdecore (trader) KServiceTypeTrader::defaultOffers: KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType  "ThumbCreator"  not found

*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in /tmp/builds/k9copy/tmp/k9copy-2.3.8-Source/src/dvdread/ifo_read.c:801 ***
*** for pgc->cell_playback_offset != 0 ***

KCrash: Application 'k9copy' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start  from kdeinit
sock_file=/home/mark/.kde/socket-vector.Linux.net/kdeinit4__0
KCrash: Attempting to start  directly
KCrash failed to exec(), errno = 2
vector:/~
mark:$
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:34:07 am by MarkGrieveson »
I am using VL7.0 standard with XFCE

MarkGrieveson

• Vectorian
Re: k9copy crashes
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 11:33:46 am »

Hmm.  It did work with another dvd, so it may be just that the one I had tried previously (when it crashed) is a defective or damaged dvd.
I am using VL7.0 standard with XFCE