VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Tricky victory  (Read 1312 times)

Victor7

Tricky victory
« on: July 28, 2012, 05:12:05 pm »

Howdy folks.  I am relieved to post that thanks to Vector i can use my likeable but weird netbook, a Dell Mini v10.  This is the one which came with Ubuntu preinstalled and a Broadcom wifi card which is pretty "flaky".  Almost no other distribution works with that wifi (except Bodhi, a "minimalist" distro).

No problems with Vector -- yet.  If it stays as good as it looks so far, i think i'll get involved in helping the VL team.  I've been using various flavors of linux for years, but haven't been moved to get involved (besides being a bit of a linux "missionary").

Anyway, thanks.  Glad ya'll are here.  I'll be reading posts for a while, then i'll try to contribute in some way.  Yeah, i know, i can always donate some "moolah", right?   ::)

hata_ph

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • -- Just being myself --
Re: Tricky victory
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 04:28:35 am »

Welcome and happy vectoring :)

stretchedthin

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
    • Opensourcebistro.com
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 10:02:35 am »

"Awesome" many hands make light work.  What area's of contribution might you be interested in?

But, more importatly welcome to the Vector community.
Vectorlinux screencasts and  tutorials can be found at....
http://www.opensourcebistro.com/blog1
http://www.youtube.com/user/vid4ken?feature=mhee

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 10:13:44 am »

Welcome Victor7. All help is much appreciated.  :)

Victor7

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 03:20:21 pm »

I made a contribution and almost immediately lost my internet connection.  Some kind of d-bus daemon failure.  Oh, well, it's back up now.

Thanks for the warm welcome.  Looks like a friendly community.  So who do i get in touch with to see how i can help out?  Stretched2thin?