VectorLinux
August 30, 2014, 12:15:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LibreOffice vs OpenOffice.org  (Read 2088 times)
MarkGrieveson
Vectorian

« on: August 06, 2012, 02:57:04 pm »

Well, I was waiting for an update to OpenOffice.org (en-GB version) and none seemed forthcoming.  However, LibreOffice has been updating this.  So, I decided to finally take the plunge, and install LibreOffice rather than OpenOffice.org. 

LibreOffice is okay, but uhg is it ever ugly compared to OpenOffice.org.  It just looks rough and unrefined.

I am using VL7.0 standard with XFCE
MarkGrieveson
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 04:49:27 pm »

I'm finding I'm having some issues with it.  I got a new printer, but it won't print LibreOffice files that are landscape (only letter).  Epdfview prints landscape files fine with this printer, however.  I had some other issues too.  I'm going to also install OpenOffice.org and see if it's any better.  I think OOo has now updated the version that I wanted.
ETA:  Well, OpenOffice.org also won't print landscape files to this printer (a Samsung ML-2165).  Oh well, guess I'll just have to export to pdf to do this from now on.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 08:13:22 am by MarkGrieveson » Logged

MarkGrieveson
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 06:53:57 am »

I think I solved it.  Seems the printer will print landscape if in the print properties the device is changed from PDF to Postscript.

ddval

That's my story and I'm stuck with it.

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 08:40:54 pm »

Well, I was waiting for an update to OpenOffice.org (en-GB version) and none seemed forthcoming.  However, LibreOffice has been updating this.  So, I decided to finally take the plunge, and install LibreOffice rather than OpenOffice.org. 

LibreOffice is okay, but uhg is it ever ugly compared to OpenOffice.org.  It just looks rough and unrefined.

Mark I'm thinking along the same lines, are you still with LibreOffice?

Cheers
Linux User 561425
MarkGrieveson
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 08:26:21 pm »

Yeah, I currently have both installed on my computer.  They both work fine, but I still feel LibreOffice is ugly compared to OpenOffice.org.  Admittedly, I have version 4.0 of OOo and only 3.6 of LO.  When I get a chance I'll update LO to see if it looks any better (I think they too recently released an update to 4.0).

overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 09:10:02 pm »

Well Oo4 and Lo 4.1 writers look very much the same to me although you have to enable the side bar in advanced options if you want it in libre writer.
what looks better about Oo.

Everything Is Relative
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: