VectorLinux
November 24, 2014, 09:32:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: dvdstyler, xine, ffmpeg, wxGTK  (Read 4043 times)
MarkGrieveson
Vectorian

« on: August 06, 2012, 08:45:48 pm »

Hello.  Problem with xine (stable/extra xine-lib 1.2.1-i586-2vl70):

Code:
mark:$ xine
xine: error while loading shared libraries: libavutil.so.50: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
vector:/~
mark:$

Problem with dvdstyler (stable/extra dvdstyler 2.1-i586-1vl70):

Code:
mark:$ dvdstyler
dvdstyler: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2u_media-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
vector:/~
mark:$

The xine issue seems to relate to the version of ffmpeg (stable/extra ffmpeg 0.10-i586-5vl70).  I've tried other versions of ffmpeg without success.  The dvdstyler issue seems to relate to wxGTK (stable/extra wxGTK 2.8.11-i586-3vl70).

I am using VL7.0 standard with XFCE
syncdram

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 04:13:00 am »

I'm running 7 as well xfce and running the same ffmpeg  .010 from extra, same version as you, i can open xine, dvdstyer  just fine.  Have you been playing around in testing by chance?  some programs change dependencies. Example if you were to install and run the new gimp from testing, openshot and kdenlive stops working.
MarkGrieveson
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 06:02:14 am »

I'm running 7 as well xfce and running the same ffmpeg  .010 from extra, same version as you, i can open xine, dvdstyer  just fine.  Have you been playing around in testing by chance?  some programs change dependencies. Example if you were to install and run the new gimp from testing, openshot and kdenlive stops working.

Thanks for getting back to me.  Generally I've stuck with stable, though at times I've used slackfind for some packages. 

When I try to reinstall dvdstyler, it tells me:  "Excluding dvdstyler due to dependency failure.  dvdstyler: Depends: ffmpeg >= 0.10.2"

I have the packages and extra repositories listed.  What is the "gsb" repository?  Is this important?  Should I include it?

I'm going to go through my packages, and check which ones I've installed from outside of stable (IE, from slackfind).  Also, to make goldendict work, I had to exclude hunspell from upgrades (it only worked properly with an older version).  And, to install openoffice.org, I had to exclude jre from upgrades.  I'll see if including (IE, not freezing upgrades on these packages) has any effect.  I suspect I'll just be breaking goldendict again, though.

syncdram

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 08:28:36 am »

just stay with/  packages / extra / patches. dvdstyler will unfortunately  have to be re build for the current version of ffmpeg in the repo.   You can also request a package build here in the forum, there is a listing for package requests, there pretty good about this. 
MarkGrieveson
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 12:26:48 pm »

Thanks syncdram, I'll leave the gsb repository unselected.  

There's a whack of packages in /home/ftp/pub/veclinux/packages.  What are these exactly?  I'm wondering if it's a record of packages that I installed from outside of stable sources.  If so, perhaps I could get rid of these packages, and then reinstall them from the stable sources exclusively.  I'm not sure though (just guessing here).  I figure I must have borked my system somehow in my past endeavours, since both xine and dvdstyler work on your machine (and not mine).  Anyway, do you have any idea what the whack of packages in /home/ftp/pub/veclinux/packages is?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:40:50 pm by MarkGrieveson » Logged

syncdram

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 04:38:29 am »

These are packages installed from the VL repositories.  I just double checked mine and everything i see there are from what i pulled in from our repos.  Don't feel bad, I broke vector many times in the beginning, Just stay with those 3 repositories for now until you become more comfortable. Testing is just that. Testing.  By all means you can enable testing and then update gslapt. If a piece of software doesn't play nice just uninstall it and report it. This is the way i play with testing. I always uncheck testing when I'm done and update gslapt again, this way your back to your 3 main repositories. Also, a Great Help to our community is, you should have a look at vid4ken on youtube. Awesome how-to's on Vector Linux. There is also www.opensourcebistro.com. Both packed with fantastic Vector videos. Both are a video handbook on Vector. Unprecedented to any Linux distribution  i have ever used.  Wink
MarkGrieveson
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 07:11:26 am »

These are packages installed from the VL repositories.  I just double checked mine and everything i see there are from what i pulled in from our repos.  Don't feel bad, I broke vector many times in the beginning, Just stay with those 3 repositories for now until you become more comfortable.

I think there are some packages listed there that I created with vpackager, but yes, most seem to be from the repos.

I always uncheck testing when I'm done and update gslapt again, this way your back to your 3 main repositories.

This is what I normally do, but I believe I screwed up one time and mistakenly updated before returning the repos to the three main repositories, and I believe this is messing up some of the aforementioned programs.

... Unprecedented to any Linux distribution  i have ever used.  Wink

I agree.  It is great.

I'm hoping to undo the damage I did with the accidental upgrade, and I think that the reservoir of packages in /home/ftp/pub is holding Gslapt back from downgrading them -- IE, it won't downgrade if it has access to a higher source, which in this case is the local source of /home/ftp/pub.  So, along with keeping the listed sources in Gslapt as stable, I'm also going to remove the packages from here, and then go through the list of packages that were there and reinstall them.  If I'm right, since the local source of possible testing and/or unstable packages that I accidentally installed is gone, then some of the packages will have to be downgraded, thus returning me to stable.  Unfortunately this will break a few of the Slackware programs that I put on that required some newer packages, but I can always tend to those later.

Of course, I may be way off here and break the entire system.  Oh well, it'll teach me to always be careful about sources before upgrading.  The developers really should put in something like the Debian Preferences option to allow for greater control of users in having a mixed system.

Thanks for your great help.  I'll report back on how my efforts went.

MarkGrieveson
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 09:42:24 am »

Well, I went through and downgraded what I could find to stable.  'Twas a painful experience, but everything is more or less working as before.

However, xine and dvdstyler still don't work.  So it's a mystery to me still.

[later edit] I fixed xine by installing a later xine-lib from http://208.64.70.52/pkg/untested/veclinux-7.0/x86/ as was suggested in another thread.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 03:58:24 pm by MarkGrieveson » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: