VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: VL7-SOHO has no keyboard input - total freeze  (Read 1290 times)

boris

• "Get help from the Sun"
VL7-SOHO has no keyboard input - total freeze
« on: August 18, 2012, 11:33:00 am »

The only thing which is unconventional in my system - the keyboard and mouse USB wireless combo from Logitech. The combo's name is K520, it has a dongle for a USB port and runs both input devices without cables.
When I start the installation disk, I see the ISOLUNUX introduction screen and I can type there some characters, e.g. the selection to use text based installer "install" or whatever else.
When it comes to the actual installation, the screen freezes - there is no reaction to any single keystroke - neither to arrows, nor to letter or digit keys, the keyboard seems to be completely dead. The only thing that I can do - hard stop the computer via the power switch.

Obviously it is not the computer's fault - same keyboard perfectly well works under SUSE, PCLOS, MEPIS and WIN-7. It works even in the initial ISOLINUX intro screen, it stops only when it comes to VL7-SOHO installation.

Is it possible to try some cheat code to deceive the system into communicating with Logitech wireless combo?

Best wishes
BNK
One skeptical donkey used to say: "You may scream 'Honey! Honey!" as loud as you can - it won't make sweet in your mouth..."

boris

• "Get help from the Sun"
Re: VL7-SOHO has no keyboard input - total freeze
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 12:42:28 am »

A little digging in the cellar unearthed an old PS2-connector keyboard and an equally old mouse. When the computer was equipped with these museum items, the VL7-SOHO started showing all its tricks like an Olympic champion on the skating rink.
     Now the question is - will I be able to find anywhere the appropriate driver for my Logitech K529 wireless combo AND how big a hassle will it be to install this driver into the VL7 internals?

Best wishes
BNK
One skeptical donkey used to say: "You may scream 'Honey! Honey!" as loud as you can - it won't make sweet in your mouth..."

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: VL7-SOHO has no keyboard input - total freeze
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 04:14:00 am »

Try completing the install using the legacy hardware. Once installed and rebooted, I think it will recognize the USB devices.