VectorLinux
August 21, 2014, 01:35:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VL7-SOHO has no keyboard input - total freeze  (Read 1067 times)
boris

« on: August 18, 2012, 10:33:00 am »

The only thing which is unconventional in my system - the keyboard and mouse USB wireless combo from Logitech. The combo's name is K520, it has a dongle for a USB port and runs both input devices without cables.
When I start the installation disk, I see the ISOLUNUX introduction screen and I can type there some characters, e.g. the selection to use text based installer "install" or whatever else.
When it comes to the actual installation, the screen freezes - there is no reaction to any single keystroke - neither to arrows, nor to letter or digit keys, the keyboard seems to be completely dead. The only thing that I can do - hard stop the computer via the power switch.

Obviously it is not the computer's fault - same keyboard perfectly well works under SUSE, PCLOS, MEPIS and WIN-7. It works even in the initial ISOLINUX intro screen, it stops only when it comes to VL7-SOHO installation.

Is it possible to try some cheat code to deceive the system into communicating with Logitech wireless combo?

Best wishes
BNK

One skeptical donkey used to say: "You may scream 'Honey! Honey!" as loud as you can - it won't make sweet in your mouth..."
boris

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 11:42:28 pm »

A little digging in the cellar unearthed an old PS2-connector keyboard and an equally old mouse. When the computer was equipped with these museum items, the VL7-SOHO started showing all its tricks like an Olympic champion on the skating rink.
     Now the question is - will I be able to find anywhere the appropriate driver for my Logitech K529 wireless combo AND how big a hassle will it be to install this driver into the VL7 internals?

Best wishes
BNK

One skeptical donkey used to say: "You may scream 'Honey! Honey!" as loud as you can - it won't make sweet in your mouth..."
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 03:14:00 am »

Try completing the install using the legacy hardware. Once installed and rebooted, I think it will recognize the USB devices.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: