VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: (SOLVED) Slackbuild Package....  (Read 1255 times)

syncdram

(SOLVED) Slackbuild Package....
« on: August 29, 2012, 05:39:52 am »

Where is the slack build packages on my drive once downloaded from the repository? I new this but for the life of me just can't remember. I'm looking for the firefox slack build.  To add insult to injury, i have even commented  on another user were to find these!!! and i can't even find that!! Oh... i must be getting old.  :-[
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 06:27:15 am by syncdram »

syncdram

Re: (SOLVED) Slackbuild Package....
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 06:27:47 am »

usr/src

hata_ph

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • -- Just being myself --
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 07:43:27 am »

Firefox-15.0 should be in the repo very soon... :)

syncdram

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 10:43:28 am »

OK, thanks.  I actually tracked everything down right through terminal. First finding  the actual gslapt packages : /var/log/packages. then opening up the firefox package with Geany giving me the actual package location: PACKAGE LOCATION: /home/ftp/pub/veclinux/packages/n/firefox-14.0.1-i586-1vl70.txz. From here i simply extracted the files into a new folder giving me the actual files i was looking for: slack-desc and slack-required files for firefox.  ;)

furydragon

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 12:45:08 pm »

Behavior of default package manager in VL configured in /etc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc file. Location of directory for packages described by WORKINGDIR variable.