VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Vector Newb loving the speed!  (Read 821 times)

overlap

Vector Newb loving the speed!
« on: August 29, 2012, 11:49:52 pm »

Hello
my 2004 AMD 3000 64 bit 768mb ram has received its second lease of linux life with 32bit vector.
I am coming from pclinux os. Tried a few distros on the way to finding Vector and love the results. Slick install and very quick
I have a few problems to solve though... one is the printer there is an  RPM or Debian file on the Canon site but i don't know how to run them and most of the code i've found relating to installing the drivers    doesn't run with the Vector terminal. So some pointers to installing this would be very helpful

Second problem is I keep saying i will get flightgear working for my son and keep failing. It downloaded yesterday but it failed to install. Today it says failed to download flightgear data - Failed writing received data to disk/application

Apart from this all good !

thanks very much

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 11:58:42 pm by overlap »

hata_ph

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • -- Just being myself --
Re: Vector Newb loving the speed!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 07:17:26 am »

Welcome...  ;D
For your issue please give more info on the problem or maybe make a separate thread in the forum...