Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: repositories / mirrors  (Read 950 times)

repositories / mirrors
« on: September 04, 2012, 07:39:57 am »

Not sure where this should be posted so feel free to move it if it belongs somewhere else....

I am newly returned to VL, using VL7 gold for the first time.

I would really like to see VL mirrored on the Australian site
They host / mirror several other Linux distros including arch, debian, fedora, mint, ubuntu, sabayon, puppy, pclos, and others.

The big advantage of aarnet is that for customers of Australia's biggest ISP (Bigpond) they are a free download, ie: it doesn't count towards download limits. In my case I only have 7 Gb per month limit, so getting my VL downloads from Aarnet would be very helpful.

I'm not sure how this happens - does someone from VL ask aarnet to mirror VL, or should I, as a bigpond customer, ask aarnet to mirror VL?

I use Mint and PCLinuxOS on other computers, and the ISO downloads, updates and software from repos are all free downloads as long as I get them from aarnet.

• formerly KamikaziFreak
Re: repositories / mirrors
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 11:23:29 am »

According to the aarnet site:
How do I get an archive added to mirror?

Please email with as much information about the archive and the reason it should be added as you can. Including a contact email address and URL for the archive site would be helpful.

If it's important to you, let them know.