Please support VectorLinux!

Author Topic: Few Installation problems  (Read 1848 times)

Metodej

Few Installation problems
« on: September 16, 2012, 10:33:28 am »
Hello.

I am new to Vector - it was my first install. At start, I am not asking any question - I ran to several problems during install and I want to share my solution. So if somebody will ran to same problem, here can be found solution.

I was installing on netbook Asus VX6 (no cd drive, so USB installation - I made usb stick with Unetbootin.. so maybe few problems were connected with this choose)

1. First problem was with "Could not find ramdisk image: /isolinux/init.gz" - there is already topic about it
    -> renaming "init.lz" to "init.gz" and "initrd.lz" to "initrd.img" solve this problem

2. Default installation didnot work - after choosing resolution (no matter what I choosed) - restart of computer.
   -> text install (instead just pressing enter at first screen, type "linux")

3. My Installation media wasnot found.
    -> I mounted vectorlinux.iso to one partition of harddisk (I have one small partition for some special reason, so it was also useful for this)

4. One of my partition wasnot found - I couldnot see it in dialog. I have 4 partitions. I didnot see the third one (so not the last one or neither the one, where was iso mounted)
     -> I found out that my partition was mounted somehow during installation process, so I had to unmouted it manually (with parameter  "-l").

SO far, it was all. After this,I have running system (except some problems with cairo-dock)  :)

I am not saying that my solution is the best, but it worked for me,so if somebody will ran to same problems, can use this as way out of it :)...

sledgehammer

• Vectorian
Re: Few Installation problems
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 12:00:16 pm »
Great tips!

Welcome. 

John
VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511