VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: [solved] Problem with OpenOffice.org spellcheck  (Read 5146 times)

MarkGrieveson

  • Vectorian
  • ****
  • Posts: 531
[solved] Problem with OpenOffice.org spellcheck
« on: September 18, 2012, 11:43:45 am »

Hello.  I recently upgraded my openoffice.org installation from 3.3 to 3.4.1.  I had some issues with the printing of envelopes, and with getting it to recognize the jre, but after I removed the hidden file ".openoffice.org" from my user directory, those things are working again.

However, I find that every word is highlighted as misspelled.  While my spelling is not perfect, it's not that bad.  Supposedly I have the dictionaries installed (openoffice.org3-en-GB-3.4.1-9593.i586.tgz, converted from an rpm of the same name).  So, if anyone has any clues, do share.  

Extra Information:
Along with any dictionaries that came with it (presumably US and GB, since I installed the en-GB language version), I tried also adding the "Canadian English Spell Checking, Hyphenation and Thesaurus" extension from http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/en_CA.  The dictionaries show up as choices in the Tools/Options/Languages menu, but they don't seem to work.  Also, I have Language Tool installed from http://www.languagetool.org/.  
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:07:10 pm by MarkGrieveson »
Logged
I am using VL7.0 standard with XFCE

MarkGrieveson

  • Vectorian
  • ****
  • Posts: 531
Re: Problem with OpenOffice.org spellcheck
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 12:00:49 pm »

It acted very erratically, crashed, and then restarted.  Now it works.  So, seems gremlins have fixed it. 

From what I read at the openoffice.org forum, seems the recommendation is to remove your "user profile" (presumably /home/user/.openoffice.org/3/user).  I had done this earlier, but I guess it took a while to kick in or something.  Anyway, it does seem to be working now.
Logged
I am using VL7.0 standard with XFCE