VectorLinux
August 29, 2014, 09:57:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.
 
Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [solved] Problem with OpenOffice.org spellcheck  (Read 4038 times)
MarkGrieveson
Vectorian
****
Posts: 531


« on: September 18, 2012, 10:43:45 am »

Hello.  I recently upgraded my openoffice.org installation from 3.3 to 3.4.1.  I had some issues with the printing of envelopes, and with getting it to recognize the jre, but after I removed the hidden file ".openoffice.org" from my user directory, those things are working again.

However, I find that every word is highlighted as misspelled.  While my spelling is not perfect, it's not that bad.  Supposedly I have the dictionaries installed (openoffice.org3-en-GB-3.4.1-9593.i586.tgz, converted from an rpm of the same name).  So, if anyone has any clues, do share.  

Extra Information:
Along with any dictionaries that came with it (presumably US and GB, since I installed the en-GB language version), I tried also adding the "Canadian English Spell Checking, Hyphenation and Thesaurus" extension from http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/en_CA.  The dictionaries show up as choices in the Tools/Options/Languages menu, but they don't seem to work.  Also, I have Language Tool installed from http://www.languagetool.org/.  
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 09:07:10 pm by MarkGrieveson » Logged

I am using VL7.0 standard with XFCE
MarkGrieveson
Vectorian
****
Posts: 531


« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 11:00:49 am »

It acted very erratically, crashed, and then restarted.  Now it works.  So, seems gremlins have fixed it. 

From what I read at the openoffice.org forum, seems the recommendation is to remove your "user profile" (presumably /home/user/.openoffice.org/3/user).  I had done this earlier, but I guess it took a while to kick in or something.  Anyway, it does seem to be working now.
Logged

I am using VL7.0 standard with XFCE
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!