VectorLinux
November 23, 2014, 10:39:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to install language packs in Libreoffice  (Read 4635 times)
agusplastra

« on: September 26, 2012, 05:38:02 pm »

Hi, Could somebody help me out to install a language pack in Libreoffice?

The file is LibO_3.6.1_Linux_x86_langpack-rpm_es.tar.gz

Thanks in advance.
MarkGrieveson
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 07:26:25 pm »

Use xarchiver to unpack the file.  After doing this, find the rpm file(s).  Once found, run the command "rpm2tgz" (without quotes) on them.  Then run the command "installpkg" on the tgz file(s).

I am using VL7.0 standard with XFCE
agusplastra

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 05:01:24 am »

Thanks for your help. When I extracted it created a folder with many rpm files. What should I do?
MarkGrieveson
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 08:34:55 am »

Convert every rpm within the folder (and any sub-folders, if there are any), with the following command in the terminal:

Code:
rpm2tgz *.rpm

The above command must be run in the same directory (aka the same folder) as where the files are.  So, "cd" to that directory first before running the command.  By using the wildcard ("*") you can convert all the rpm into Vector packages in one swoop.  Then, after it has created tgz packages from the rpm packages, run the following command on them as root user:

Code:
installpkg *.tgz

Note, if there's another directory (IE, "desktop-integration", or some other folders), check these to see if they too have rpm files.  It's important to install all of them.  Generally there's a bulk of rpm files in a directory entitled "RPMS", and sometimes there's a few more in a directory entitled "desktop-integration".  It's important to install these as well.  The language pack may only have one RPMS folder, whereas an entire LibreOffice package will have a few folders (including a language pack folder) that have both RPMS folders and "desktop-integration" folders.  If that's the case, don't overlook the "desktop-integration" rpms.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 02:41:52 pm by MarkGrieveson » Logged

agusplastra

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 04:48:04 pm »

Thanks! I did it but there is no change when I open Libreoffice. There was 8 files and when I installed there was a warning saying that the package had no description.
MarkGrieveson
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 06:13:06 pm »

It was just the language pack then.  You may have to go to Tools - Language (or Tools - Options) to change the language.

PS, the warning is not important.  It just means the package was created without a description, which doesn't affect the functionality of the software.  It should still work to give you options in the whatever language it is that you downloaded the pack for.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 06:20:57 pm by MarkGrieveson » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: