VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: [solved] inkscape problem  (Read 879 times)

MarkGrieveson

  • Vectorian
  • ****
  • Posts: 531
[solved] inkscape problem
« on: November 06, 2012, 07:35:59 am »

Hello.  I have inkscape version 0.48.1-i586-1vl70 installed.  I have been trying to follow the tutorial entitled "A Tracing Example", but for some reason the Trace Bitmap additional option of "suppress speckles" did not work as it said it should in the tutorial.  Note the included screenshot that shows the speckles are still present despite ensuring "Suppress speckles box is checked and set the Size to 50".

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:35:13 pm by MarkGrieveson »
Logged
I am using VL7.0 standard with XFCE

MarkGrieveson

  • Vectorian
  • ****
  • Posts: 531
Re: inkscape problem
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 08:29:58 am »

I tried reinstalling inkscape, and got the following feedback:

Quote from: Gslapt
]inkscape: Depends: popt >= 1.14

I have the version of popt installed that (I believe) is provided with VL-7.0.  I went to reinstall popt, and it gave me the same feedback.

Logged
I am using VL7.0 standard with XFCE

MarkGrieveson

  • Vectorian
  • ****
  • Posts: 531
Re: inkscape problem
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 05:34:50 pm »

In searching the Internet I think the lack of a removal of the speckles after pressing the "Update" button (after using "suppress speckles") is simply a bug, and not a major problem (the speckles were gone in the final product).  So, this issue is solved.

Note, the reported dependency of "popt >= 1.14" I think is a typo in the package that should be fixed.  It does still install and work, if one chooses to ignore the warning of the missing dependency and proceed with the install.  Still, I think the typo should be fixed.  But it wasn't the actual issue I was posting about in this thread.  So, I'm marking this as solved.
Logged
I am using VL7.0 standard with XFCE