VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: VL64 installation struggle: Keyboard(s) not working  (Read 886 times)

UserError

VL64 installation struggle: Keyboard(s) not working
« on: January 30, 2013, 04:06:55 am »

Hi,
After some months, I'm able to pick this up again after I ran out of time last attempt due to display issues (partially overcome)

The cd loads stuff & I can get past the display selection screen by cancelling it.  At this stage, the keyboard (tried PS2 & USB, both working fine on other PCs) will work & can move the cursor.

The process then moves on to the pale blue install screens, during which I select the keyboard type & most times the keyboard then doesn't work.  By the time I get to the "enter password" section, I have not got keyboard input and there are no LEDs lit on the keyboard.  If I open a terminal, I can't type there either, but a keypress causes the cursor to blink, so some kind of signal is being received.  I have done this a number of times with the same results.

Mouse works fine.

I've trawled the web but haven't found any problem that seems similar.  There was one, for which a possible solution was "Try booting into TUI once before rebooting into the GUI login." - how do I do that?

PC is oldish:
Dual Xeon 3.2gHz
Tyan S2676 mobo
NVIDIA GeForce 6600
6gb RAM

I'm trying to install from VL64-7.0.1-STD-FINAL.iso
Thanks for any help.
Jonathan