VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Update IRC channel topic  (Read 1383 times)

roarde

• Vectorian
  • move the needle
Update IRC channel topic
« on: November 15, 2015, 12:29:01 am »

The IRC channel is the second or first place some users go for info during or after a fresh install. It'd be nice to have the topic updated to current info. Thanks.
Robert
VL 7.1 Light

wigums

Re: Update IRC channel topic
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 10:24:35 am »

ive sent emails to the appropriate people and one of them should be popping in the irc channels within a few days at which time i plan on taking care of this issue

StrayBit

• Vectorite
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 03:21:24 pm »

I was under the impression that irc was simply a chat channel - which I usually avoid.  I was NOT aware that there might be information there.  I will look around and see if I can figure out how to get on.
Dell GX280: 7.1-Gold 32 bit
HP 670 Win7 & VL7.0
Gateway LT200 Win XP dead!

roarde

• Vectorian
  • move the needle
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 06:38:53 pm »

The best information is still found here on the forum. Some part of the reason that the forum's better is that to get any info on irc, someone has to be awake and active, and know the answer themselves.

That being said, people try there anyway because that's what they're used to. What they see first is a topic that lists several 7.0 releases, or "spins", as being "the latest". Not good.

But I'll still wait to see you drop in there as I can, StrayBit.

Oh:
irc.freenode.net  #vectorlinux
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 06:41:09 pm by roarde »
Robert
VL 7.1 Light

StrayBit

• Vectorite
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 07:03:26 am »

I believe I'll stick with the forum.  I get even less from irc than I do from fb!  Which isn't saying much.
Dell GX280: 7.1-Gold 32 bit
HP 670 Win7 & VL7.0
Gateway LT200 Win XP dead!