Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: ncusres cdk  (Read 751 times)

• Vectorite
ncusres cdk
« on: December 14, 2012, 02:48:22 pm »

I have ncurses on VL6 and DL'd curses cdk which has those wonderful gadgets to select files and (maybe?) select a calendar date, among others.  I have been unsuccessful finding how to use them - what they expect (aside from int, int, char *, Window *, etc.).  The links to the author's website and email no longer work.

Can anyone direct me to a tutorial on these?

Dell GX280: 7.1-Gold 32 bit
HP 670 Win7 & VL7.0
Gateway LT200 Win XP dead!

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: ncusres cdk
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 11:18:32 am »

I looked around for a couple of days but I couldnt find anything useful.
Maybe the source code contains some examples. I will take a look there if I can find the time.

Good luck!

PS: There is a nice alternative for curses programming called "Urwid", which we use here for some stuff. It is written in Python so its not usable from C directly. I dont know your requirements, but writing the user interface in Python and communicating with it from your C backend through a pipe or some other artifact is possible. Let us know how it turns out.
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.