VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Blue screen of death???  (Read 999 times)

Locator

• Vectorian
Blue screen of death???
« on: December 17, 2012, 07:31:30 am »

I know that at one point in time or other we have all at least heard about the "blue screen of death" with Windows. Well, I have a bit of a "news flash" for you - I have occasionally encountered the VL 7.0 equivalent of that, the only difference being that the screen background is black instead of blue, and no, I don't know how to reproduce it because I don't remember what I was doing at the time it happened before. I just thought that it was only fair to let you know about it.

sledgehammer

• Vectorian
Re: Blue screen of death???
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 08:14:37 am »

Funny.  I've been using VL for many hours every day for many years and I cannot recall that happening to me even once.  Perhaps your computer is contaminated.
VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511

Locator

• Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 08:30:38 am »

Maybe. All I do know is that I HAVE experienced it (although I admit not since the last time that I had to reinstall it).

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 11:52:42 am »

Lockups do happen. They may be software or hardware related.

If you do a lot of experimenting, customizing and hacking like Vectorites tend to do, you will eventually find combinations which will push your machine over the edge. Here is a little trick which has worked for me many times: http://kember.net/articles/reisub-the-gentle-linux-restart/