VectorLinux
September 02, 2014, 10:49:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Screen goes black  (Read 767 times)
bentonbee

« on: December 17, 2012, 12:43:26 pm »

Hi I have installed Vector Linux 7 on a desktop computer. I have a problem.
When I log in (like root or user) and type in my password and click enter the screen goes black and stays black...any help?
Thanks
Mike
bentonbee

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 12:51:35 pm »

Hi I have installed Vector Linux 7 on a desktop computer. I have a problem.
When I log in (like root or user) and type in my password and click enter the screen goes black and stays black...any help?
Thanks
Mike
I forgot to say that if I reboot the computer, then I can log in and see everything just fine. 
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 07:11:41 am »

reinstall kernel-modules pkg,then run xvconf as root to reconfigure your graphic card.
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 12:17:37 pm »

When the error happens, hit control+alt+f2 to get a terminal. Login and check the logs, maybe ~/.xsession-errors has a clue.

HTH

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: