VectorLinux
April 25, 2014, 12:25:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Video issues that need resolved.  (Read 401 times)
Locator
Vectorian

« on: January 02, 2013, 12:19:22 pm »

HELP!!! I have discovered a problem with video display issues in that Avidemux functions correctly with libvpx 1.1.0, but UMPlayer will not show any videos with it - HOWEVER, when I downgrade to libvpx 0.9.6 Avidemux won't start up at all, but UMPlayer works as it should. Any suggestions? And my operating system is Vector Linux 7.0 (32-bit).
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 02:46:23 pm »

Just a thought. you may find that many applications have been built to use libvpx 0.9.6 amoung other libs and to get avidemux working for you it was built using a newer lib. thus one solution would be to use avidmux to what extent you need it and downgrade to the lib that more apps currently require. Linux dependancy issues are vast in general, thus understanding there nature is of some value in this instance perhaps. avidemux 2.6.1 is in testing and results may be posted under its listing in package news and updates. I am sure the packagers would appreciate your testing but if you have something you NEED working, you may want to use it. applications in testing are in need of testing and as such the repository is not included in gslapt by default.

Everything Is Relative
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: