VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: VL-7.1 gui installer has very small fonts  (Read 214 times)

niiler

• OpenTrack - 2d video tracking software
VL-7.1 gui installer has very small fonts
« on: January 17, 2016, 09:52:53 am »

Hey folks,

I finally got the time to try to upgrade my home desktop, and I have run into the issue of not being able to read the fonts in the gui installer.  They are so small as to be illegible.  I have tried passing the boot parameters: gui vga=XXX, but once X comes up, this does not seem to affect anything.  I have also tried the text installer, but am unable to select mountpoints when I use it.

Any thoughts about what to try next?

Thanks!
Tim Niiler

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: VL-7.1 gui installer has very small fonts
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 07:44:24 pm »

This is a problem with the screen resolution.  Try ctrl-alt-+ or a conbination of ctrl-+ or alt-+.  I cant remember the exact combinayion, but it should cycle through different screen resolutions and make the stuff readable for you.  The other option would be to pass the 'install' parameter ar the cd boot prompt and install using the text installer

niiler

• OpenTrack - 2d video tracking software
Re: VL-7.1 gui installer has very small fonts
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 05:52:11 am »

Thanks!  I'll try this later today when the kids get off the desktop. :-)  I figured there was something like this, but I couldn't remember what it was.