VectorLinux
July 25, 2014, 02:56:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing 2nd Instance of Dropbox for Another User  (Read 1434 times)
Martin109
Vectorite

« on: January 14, 2013, 05:48:51 am »

I downloaded the Dropbox deamon onto my VL 6.0 system, and been using it fine for ages.  How Mrs 109 wants to set up a Dropbox account of her own and is another user on the same Linux system.  I don't seem to be able to get Linux to recognise Dropbox when she's active as user.

So I'm trying to install another instance on the second user account, and trying to compile from source, as the pre-compiled versions are not suitable for Vector.

Configure and make seem to have executed OK, but make install burps with:

Code:
Making install in src
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/src'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/src'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
test -z "/usr/lib/nautilus/extensions-2.0" || /usr/bin/mkdir -p "/usr/lib/nautilus/extensions-2.0"
 /bin/sh ../libtool   --mode=install /usr/bin/ginstall -c   libnautilus-dropbox.la '/usr/lib/nautilus/extensions-2.0'
libtool: install: /usr/bin/ginstall -c .libs/libnautilus-dropbox.so /usr/lib/nautilus/extensions-2.0/libnautilus-dropbox.so
libtool: install: /usr/bin/ginstall -c .libs/libnautilus-dropbox.lai /usr/lib/nautilus/extensions-2.0/libnautilus-dropbox.la
/usr/bin/ginstall: cannot stat `.libs/libnautilus-dropbox.lai': No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [install-nautilus_extensionLTLIBRARIES] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/src'
make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/src'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Any ideas?

Compaq Armada E500, i686 Pentium III, 512Mb RAM, 3.2 Gb HDD, running Vector Linux 5.9 Standard

Fujitsu Lifebook, i686 Pentium M, 1.7 GHz, 1028Mb RAM, 40 Gb HDD, running Vector Linux 6.0 Standard

Compaq Evo, i686 Pentium M, 1.4 GHz, 512Mb RAM, 40 Gb HDD, running Vector Linux 6.0 Standard
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 12:44:00 pm »

Hi Martin,

Thats only the nautilus extension failing. I dont think you need that. I installed dropbox a long time ago but iirc you only need the contents of the .dropbox-dist folder.
Try this in a terminal from the user account you want to use DB with:

$ cd ~ && wget -O - "https://www.dropbox.com/download?plat=lnx.x86" | tar xzf -
$ .dropbox-dist/dropboxd

Let us know if this works for you

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
Martin109
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 01:42:25 pm »

The first of those lines produces:

Code:
[color=blue]Vector:/~[/color]
rose:$ cd ~ && wget -O - "https://www.dropbox.com/download?plat=lnx.x86" | tar xzf -
--2013-01-14 22:01:51--  https://www.dropbox.com/download?plat=lnx.x86
Resolving www.dropbox.com... 199.47.216.170, 199.47.216.171, 199.47.217.171, ...
Connecting to www.dropbox.com|199.47.216.170|:443... connected.
ERROR: cannot verify www.dropbox.com's certificate, issued by `/C=US/O=Thawte, Inc./CN=Thawte SSL CA':
  Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.
To connect to www.dropbox.com insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.
Unable to establish SSL connection.

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

I've tried adding '--no-check-certificate', but don't know where to put it.

Compaq Armada E500, i686 Pentium III, 512Mb RAM, 3.2 Gb HDD, running Vector Linux 5.9 Standard

Fujitsu Lifebook, i686 Pentium M, 1.7 GHz, 1028Mb RAM, 40 Gb HDD, running Vector Linux 6.0 Standard

Compaq Evo, i686 Pentium M, 1.4 GHz, 512Mb RAM, 40 Gb HDD, running Vector Linux 6.0 Standard
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 02:00:38 pm »

That would be:
$ cd ~ && wget --no-check-certificate -O - "https://www.dropbox.com/download?plat=lnx.x86" | tar xzf -

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."

--
Jumalauta!!
Martin109
Vectorite

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 12:36:57 am »

Thanks.  I'll try that when I'm back at that machine in a couple of days.  I'll let you know how I get on.

[Edit]
Have tried this quickly, and it gets rid of the first part of the error message OK.

However, there is still a 'tar' problem, which I'm afraid I don't understand:

Code:

Corrupted file?

As I say, will be back in a couple of days.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:27:45 am by Martin109 » Logged

Martin109
Vectorite

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 03:37:56 am »

Thanks.  I'll try that when I'm back at that machine in a couple of days.  I'll let you know how I get on.

[Edit]
Have tried this quickly, and it gets rid of the first part of the error message OK.

However, there is still a 'tar' problem, which I'm afraid I don't understand:

Code:

Corrupted file?

As I say, will be back in a couple of days.

Still not got any further with what appears to be either a gzip problem or a tar problem.

Any ideas as to how to proceed?

retired1af
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 03:46:11 am »

Normally that would indicate the tar file itself was either incomplete or something happened during the download.

ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz
Martin109
Vectorite

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 06:45:49 am »

I've ben trying another route.

I've downloaded the tar.bz2 file from here.

As root, I've extracted the tar file using the 'Extract Here' option.

Changing to the resulting directory, and issuing the command configure, seems to have produced satisfactory output:

Code:
Vector://home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0
root:# ./configure
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/ginstall -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of executables...
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /usr/bin/sed
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
checking for fgrep... /usr/bin/grep -F
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -B) interface... BSD nm
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 98304
checking whether the shell understands some XSI constructs... yes
checking whether the shell understands "+="... yes
checking for /usr/i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for objdump... objdump
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for ar... ar
checking for strip... strip
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for objdir... .libs
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... yes
checking for pkg-config... yes
checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
checking for NAUTILUS... yes
checking for GLIB... yes
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking for rst2man... python rst2man.py
checking for pygtk... yes
checking for gobject... yes
checking for docutils... yes
checking for nautilus extension directory... /usr/lib/nautilus/extensions-2.0
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating data/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/16x16/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/22x22/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/24x24/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/24x24/apps/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/32x32/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/48x48/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/64x64/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/256x256/Makefile
config.status: creating data/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps/Makefile
config.status: creating data/emblems/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing depfiles commands
config.status: executing libtool commands

Issuing the make command produces some errors, which I don't understand:

Code:
root:# make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0'
Making all in data
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data'
Making all in icons
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons'
Making all in hicolor
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor'
Making all in 16x16
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/16x16'
Making all in apps
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps'
make[6]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps'
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/16x16'
make[6]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/16x16'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/16x16'
Making all in 22x22
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/22x22'
Making all in apps
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps'
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/22x22'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/22x22'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/22x22'
Making all in 24x24
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/24x24'
Making all in apps
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/24x24/apps'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/24x24/apps'
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/24x24'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/24x24'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/24x24'
Making all in 32x32
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/32x32'
Making all in apps
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps'
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/32x32'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/32x32'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/32x32'
Making all in 48x48
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/48x48'
Making all in apps
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps'
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/48x48'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/48x48'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/48x48'
Making all in 64x64
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/64x64'
Making all in apps
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps'
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/64x64'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/64x64'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/64x64'
Making all in 256x256
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/256x256'
Making all in apps
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps'
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/256x256'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/256x256'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/256x256'
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor'
make[5]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor'
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons'
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons'
Making all in emblems
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/emblems'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/emblems'
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data'
Making all in src
/bin/sh ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I..   -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall   -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1   -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include    -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS  -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.Tpo -c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.lo `test -f 'nautilus-dropbox.c' || echo './'`nautilus-dropbox.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.Tpo -c nautilus-dropbox.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.Tpo -c nautilus-dropbox.c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.Tpo .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.Plo
/bin/sh ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I..   -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall   -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1   -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include    -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS  -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.Tpo -c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.lo `test -f 'nautilus-dropbox-hooks.c' || echo './'`nautilus-dropbox-hooks.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.Tpo -c nautilus-dropbox-hooks.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.Tpo -c nautilus-dropbox-hooks.c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.Tpo .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.Plo
/bin/sh ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I..   -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall   -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1   -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include    -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS  -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.Tpo -c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.lo `test -f 'dropbox-command-client.c' || echo './'`dropbox-command-client.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.Tpo -c dropbox-command-client.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.Tpo -c dropbox-command-client.c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.Tpo .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.Plo
/bin/sh ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I..   -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall   -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1   -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include    -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS  -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.Tpo -c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.lo `test -f 'dropbox-client.c' || echo './'`dropbox-client.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.Tpo -c dropbox-client.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.Tpo -c dropbox-client.c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.Tpo .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.Plo
/bin/sh ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I..   -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall   -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1   -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include    -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS  -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.Tpo -c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.lo `test -f 'dropbox-client-util.c' || echo './'`dropbox-client-util.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.Tpo -c dropbox-client-util.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.Tpo -c dropbox-client-util.c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.Tpo .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.Plo
/bin/sh ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I..   -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall   -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1   -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include    -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS  -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.Tpo -c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.lo `test -f 'dropbox.c' || echo './'`dropbox.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.Tpo -c dropbox.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.Tpo -c dropbox.c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.Tpo .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.Plo
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=link gcc -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall   -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1   -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include    -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS  -module -avoid-version  -o libnautilus-dropbox.la -rpath /usr/lib/nautilus/extensions-2.0 libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.lo libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.lo libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.lo libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.lo libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.lo libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.lo -lnautilus-extension -lgio-2.0 -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lcairo -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lglib-2.0   -lglib-2.0   
libtool: link: gcc -shared  .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.o .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.o .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.o .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.o .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.o .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.o   /usr/lib/libnautilus-extension.so /usr/lib/libgio-2.0.so /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so /usr/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so /usr/lib/libatk-1.0.so /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so /usr/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so /usr/lib/libpango-1.0.so /usr/lib/libcairo.so /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so -ldl /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so    -Wl,-soname -Wl,libnautilus-dropbox.so -o .libs/libnautilus-dropbox.so
libtool: link: ar cru .libs/libnautilus-dropbox.a  libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.o libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.o
libtool: link: ranlib .libs/libnautilus-dropbox.a
/usr/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libpng12.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libpng12.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[2]: *** [libnautilus-dropbox.la] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Using make install produces errors too, presumably because of the existing make errors:

Code:
root:# make install
Making install in data
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data'
Making install in icons
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons'
Making install in hicolor
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor'
Making install in 16x16
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/16x16'
Making install in apps
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps'
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps'
make[6]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
test -z "/usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps" || /usr/bin/mkdir -p "/usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps"
 /usr/bin/ginstall -c -m 644 dropbox.png '/usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps'
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/16x16'
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/16x16'
make[6]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/16x16'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/16x16'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/16x16'
Making install in 22x22
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/22x22'
Making install in apps
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps'
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps'
test -z "/usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps" || /usr/bin/mkdir -p "/usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps"
 /usr/bin/ginstall -c -m 644 dropbox.png '/usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps'
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/22x22'
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/22x22'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/22x22'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/22x22'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/22x22'
Making install in 24x24
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/24x24'
Making install in apps
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/24x24/apps'
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/24x24/apps'
test -z "/usr/share/icons/hicolor/24x24/apps" || /usr/bin/mkdir -p "/usr/share/icons/hicolor/24x24/apps"
 /usr/bin/ginstall -c -m 644 dropbox.png '/usr/share/icons/hicolor/24x24/apps'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/24x24/apps'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/24x24/apps'
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/24x24'
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/24x24'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/24x24'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/24x24'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/24x24'
Making install in 32x32
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/32x32'
Making install in apps
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps'
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps'
test -z "/usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps" || /usr/bin/mkdir -p "/usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps"
 /usr/bin/ginstall -c -m 644 dropbox.png '/usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps'
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/32x32'
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/32x32'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/32x32'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/32x32'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/32x32'
Making install in 48x48
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/48x48'
Making install in apps
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps'
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps'
test -z "/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps" || /usr/bin/mkdir -p "/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps"
 /usr/bin/ginstall -c -m 644 dropbox.png '/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps'
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/48x48'
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/48x48'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/48x48'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/48x48'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/48x48'
Making install in 64x64
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/64x64'
Making install in apps
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps'
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps'
test -z "/usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps" || /usr/bin/mkdir -p "/usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps"
 /usr/bin/ginstall -c -m 644 dropbox.png '/usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps'
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/64x64'
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/64x64'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/64x64'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/64x64'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/64x64'
Making install in 256x256
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/256x256'
Making install in apps
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps'
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps'
test -z "/usr/share/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps" || /usr/bin/mkdir -p "/usr/share/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps"
 /usr/bin/ginstall -c -m 644 dropbox.png '/usr/share/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps'
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/256x256'
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/256x256'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/256x256'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/256x256'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor/256x256'
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor'
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor'
make[5]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
make  install-data-hook
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor'
Updating Gtk icon cache.
gtk-update-icon-cache: Cache file created successfully.
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons/hicolor'
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons'
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons'
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/icons'
Making install in emblems
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/emblems'
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/emblems'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
test -z "/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems" || /usr/bin/mkdir -p "/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems"
 /usr/bin/ginstall -c -m 644 emblem-dropbox-syncing.icon emblem-dropbox-syncing.png emblem-dropbox-uptodate.icon emblem-dropbox-uptodate.png emblem-dropbox-unsyncable.icon emblem-dropbox-unsyncable.png '/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/emblems'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data/emblems'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
test -z "/usr/share/applications" || /usr/bin/mkdir -p "/usr/share/applications"
 /usr/bin/ginstall -c -m 644 dropbox.desktop '/usr/share/applications'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/data'
Making install in src
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/src'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
test -z "/usr/lib/nautilus/extensions-2.0" || /usr/bin/mkdir -p "/usr/lib/nautilus/extensions-2.0"
 /bin/sh ../libtool   --mode=install /usr/bin/ginstall -c   libnautilus-dropbox.la '/usr/lib/nautilus/extensions-2.0'
libtool: install: /usr/bin/ginstall -c .libs/libnautilus-dropbox.so /usr/lib/nautilus/extensions-2.0/libnautilus-dropbox.so
libtool: install: /usr/bin/ginstall -c .libs/libnautilus-dropbox.lai /usr/lib/nautilus/extensions-2.0/libnautilus-dropbox.la
/usr/bin/ginstall: cannot stat `.libs/libnautilus-dropbox.lai': No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [install-nautilus_extensionLTLIBRARIES] Error 1
make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0/src'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Sorry to produce such a lot of stuff.  Let me know if I should link to the files instead.

Martin109
Vectorite

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 08:26:39 am »

The actions above have produced a makefile, and here's a link to it.

I don't know if that helps.

rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 10:01:04 am »

Thats fine. Now you can run
Code:
make
  to compile the code. However you are installing just the nautilus extension. You will still need to install the client as mentioned before.
As pointed by retired1af your previous attenmpt may failed because a bad download. Try to get the tarball from a reliable connection.

Let us know how it goes, HTH

--
Jumalauta!!
Martin109
Vectorite

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 11:43:04 am »

But as you see, I have already tried make and appear to have got some errors.  This is with a freshly downloaded tar file:

Issuing the make command produces some errors, which I don't understand:

Code:
root:# make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0'
Making all in data
Making all in icons
Making all in hicolor
Making all in 16x16
Making all in apps
Making all in 22x22
Making all in apps
Making all in 24x24
Making all in apps
Making all in 32x32
Making all in apps
Making all in 48x48
Making all in apps
Making all in 64x64
Making all in apps
Making all in 256x256
Making all in apps
make[5]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
Making all in emblems
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
Making all in src
/bin/sh ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I..   -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall   -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1   -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include    -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS  -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.Tpo -c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.lo `test -f 'nautilus-dropbox.c' || echo './'`nautilus-dropbox.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.Tpo -c nautilus-dropbox.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.Tpo -c nautilus-dropbox.c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.Tpo .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.Plo
/bin/sh ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I..   -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall   -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1   -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include    -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS  -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.Tpo -c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.lo `test -f 'nautilus-dropbox-hooks.c' || echo './'`nautilus-dropbox-hooks.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.Tpo -c nautilus-dropbox-hooks.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.Tpo -c nautilus-dropbox-hooks.c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.Tpo .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.Plo
/bin/sh ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I..   -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall   -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1   -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include    -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS  -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.Tpo -c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.lo `test -f 'dropbox-command-client.c' || echo './'`dropbox-command-client.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.Tpo -c dropbox-command-client.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.Tpo -c dropbox-command-client.c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.Tpo .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.Plo
/bin/sh ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I..   -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall   -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1   -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include    -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS  -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.Tpo -c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.lo `test -f 'dropbox-client.c' || echo './'`dropbox-client.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.Tpo -c dropbox-client.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.Tpo -c dropbox-client.c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.Tpo .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.Plo
/bin/sh ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I..   -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall   -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1   -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include    -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS  -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.Tpo -c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.lo `test -f 'dropbox-client-util.c' || echo './'`dropbox-client-util.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.Tpo -c dropbox-client-util.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.Tpo -c dropbox-client-util.c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.Tpo .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.Plo
/bin/sh ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I..   -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall   -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1   -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include    -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS  -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.Tpo -c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.lo `test -f 'dropbox.c' || echo './'`dropbox.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.Tpo -c dropbox.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -MT libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.Tpo -c dropbox.c -o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.Tpo .deps/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.Plo
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=link gcc -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DEMBLEMDIR=\"/usr/share/nautilus-dropbox/emblems\" -Wall   -I/usr/include/nautilus -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1   -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include    -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS  -module -avoid-version  -o libnautilus-dropbox.la -rpath /usr/lib/nautilus/extensions-2.0 libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.lo libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.lo libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.lo libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.lo libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.lo libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.lo -lnautilus-extension -lgio-2.0 -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lcairo -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lglib-2.0   -lglib-2.0   
libtool: link: gcc -shared  .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.o .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.o .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.o .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.o .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.o .libs/libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.o   /usr/lib/libnautilus-extension.so /usr/lib/libgio-2.0.so /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so /usr/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so /usr/lib/libatk-1.0.so /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so /usr/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so /usr/lib/libpango-1.0.so /usr/lib/libcairo.so /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so -ldl /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so    -Wl,-soname -Wl,libnautilus-dropbox.so -o .libs/libnautilus-dropbox.so
libtool: link: ar cru .libs/libnautilus-dropbox.a  libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox.o libnautilus_dropbox_la-nautilus-dropbox-hooks.o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-command-client.o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client.o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox-client-util.o libnautilus_dropbox_la-dropbox.o
libtool: link: ranlib .libs/libnautilus-dropbox.a
make[2]: *** [libnautilus-dropbox.la] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rose/Desktop/nautilus-dropbox-1.4.0'
make: *** [all] Error 2

uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 07:03:54 am »

the errors are here:
Code:

you can run
Code:
rm /usr/lib/*.la
that will remove all the libtool archives, then run make and make install again
Martin109
Vectorite

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 10:04:14 am »

I'm still getting a strange error with make install, in which the system states it cannot find libnautilus-dropbox.lai, whereas I can locate libnautilus-dropbox.la

However, I seem to have found a workaround by just copying, as root, the directories .dropbox and .dropbox-dist from the existing user to the new user!  That enabled me to issue the command

~/.dropbox-dist dropboxd &

and the little box icon is busily working and files are being updated.

Thanks for the help.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: