VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Choose a Host to connect to  (Read 16974 times)

StrayBit

• Vectorite
Choose a Host to connect to
« on: January 24, 2013, 07:53:03 am »

Somehow or other in VL7.0, I've managed to get a white box with that title.  It appears after startx and before login.  If I'm lucky, It will list the IP address and kernal version of my linux box.  I leave the machine on all the time - this is the second morning that the white box was present and empty!  I have to issue 3 finger salute immediately after clicking Cancel.

I have studied the menus, checked through vasm and still can't find where I set it up, let alone disable it.  There is probably some self-evident item that I'm just not seeing.  Could someone point me to it please?
Dell GX280: [7.0-Gold-Final], 6.0-Gold-Final, 5.9-Gold
HP 670 Win7 & VL7.0

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Choose a Host to connect to
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 11:52:19 am »

Sounds like your login manager is offering the option to log in to a remote box instead of the local box.  Check your login manager settings.

StrayBit

• Vectorite
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 04:20:46 pm »

I'm sorry!  I can't seem to locate login manager.

I've tried (from Menu->Settings) login window, session and startup, window manager (and tweaks).  And from Menu->System) login window which is the same as from Settings.
HP 670 Win7 & VL7.0

StrayBit

• Vectorite
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 09:45:59 am »

What is different between the gui login (from lilo) and tui followed by startx?

GUI: The Select Session now has no sessions listed.  It used to show the local machine.  User login followed this screen.

TUI: At no time does the Select Session box appear.  User must login then startx.
HP 670 Win7 & VL7.0