VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: torcs steering  (Read 2605 times)

overthere

• Vectorian
torcs steering
« on: January 26, 2013, 02:12:31 am »

I installed torcs and would like to drive but attempts to adjust the controls (arrow keys or mouse) to steer seem so rediculously sensitive I just go off the road or 360.  what is the better settings. would a steering wheel be better or is it the same as an arrow click when turned

Edit: I often see wheels at the local junk shops now that I think about it,  but not sure if ms are an issue due to drivers or if only some have the incremental rather than click steer if that is a means of discription.

Edit2: I'll just uninstall this as it is simply frustrating and not the diversion for me. pysol rocks : )

Edit3: could not resist reinstalling this cool game and found that switching from rookie to amature level plus using the gas and brake more  really helped. I also switched control to the mouse all of which allows better play. thought I would post it as this is a great addition to the repository and for new users a little tweaking goes a long way.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 04:47:56 pm by overthere »
Everything Is Relative