VectorLinux
November 26, 2014, 10:14:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: torcs steering  (Read 1968 times)
overthere
Vectorian

« on: January 26, 2013, 02:12:31 am »

I installed torcs and would like to drive but attempts to adjust the controls (arrow keys or mouse) to steer seem so rediculously sensitive I just go off the road or 360.  what is the better settings. would a steering wheel be better or is it the same as an arrow click when turned

Edit: I often see wheels at the local junk shops now that I think about it,  but not sure if ms are an issue due to drivers or if only some have the incremental rather than click steer if that is a means of discription.

Edit2: I'll just uninstall this as it is simply frustrating and not the diversion for me. pysol rocks : )

Edit3: could not resist reinstalling this cool game and found that switching from rookie to amature level plus using the gas and brake more  really helped. I also switched control to the mouse all of which allows better play. thought I would post it as this is a great addition to the repository and for new users a little tweaking goes a long way.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 04:47:56 pm by overthere » Logged

Everything Is Relative
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: