VectorLinux
July 29, 2014, 04:26:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VL64 installation struggle: Keyboard(s) not working  (Read 594 times)
UserError

« on: January 30, 2013, 04:06:55 am »

Hi,
After some months, I'm able to pick this up again after I ran out of time last attempt due to display issues (partially overcome)

The cd loads stuff & I can get past the display selection screen by cancelling it.  At this stage, the keyboard (tried PS2 & USB, both working fine on other PCs) will work & can move the cursor.

The process then moves on to the pale blue install screens, during which I select the keyboard type & most times the keyboard then doesn't work.  By the time I get to the "enter password" section, I have not got keyboard input and there are no LEDs lit on the keyboard.  If I open a terminal, I can't type there either, but a keypress causes the cursor to blink, so some kind of signal is being received.  I have done this a number of times with the same results.

Mouse works fine.

I've trawled the web but haven't found any problem that seems similar.  There was one, for which a possible solution was "Try booting into TUI once before rebooting into the GUI login." - how do I do that?

PC is oldish:
Dual Xeon 3.2gHz
Tyan S2676 mobo
NVIDIA GeForce 6600
6gb RAM

I'm trying to install from VL64-7.0.1-STD-FINAL.iso
Thanks for any help.
Jonathan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: