VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: BUILDNUM in ADDRB [SOLVED]  (Read 1538 times)

roarde

• Vectorian
  • move the needle
BUILDNUM in ADDRB [SOLVED]
« on: November 01, 2015, 11:46:17 am »

I need to specify db44  >= 4.4.20 build 2 in ADDRB. Given two architectures, how do I do that?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 07:34:01 am by roarde »
Robert
VL 7.1 Light

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: BUILDNUM in ADDRB
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 03:37:33 pm »

You can process that after the ARCH value is set.

I would personally prefer to have the build you want in the patches repo, that way it will be picked up as an update, and your builds that require it would always use that version.

If this is on 7.2, simply updating the package in untested would suffice.

I personally dont like hard coding version numbers that can be otherwise specified because it adds an extra requirement to the maintenance of that package.  I prefer letting requiredbuilder do its job on things like this.

roarde

• Vectorian
  • move the needle
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 04:50:58 pm »

For 7.2, it's no problem, and naturally not coding in version values is best.

It's 7.1 I'm working on. Still trying to find a way around specifying dependant versions, but with existing packages already built against 'db-5.3.21',  might be forced to do it.

I was playing with a local ":OFFICIAL" repo earlier (to simulate patches/), and that might solve some problems.

I'll keep looking at doing it without versions in ADDRB. If that fails, I'll look yet again before offering a pull request.

If there's no other choice, I figure it's
Code: [Select]
ARCH=${ARCH:-"$(uname -m)"}
[ "${ARCH}" = "${ARCH#i?}" ] || ARCH='i586'
CONFIG_OPTIONS=${CONFIG_OPTIONS:-""}
LDFLAG_OPTIONS=${LDFLAG_OPTIONS:-""}
# VL release's default dbXX package must be listed first
ADDRB=${ADDRB:-"db44 >= 4.4.20-${ARCH}-2vl71, db53"} #Add deps that need to be added to the slack-required file here

Robert
VL 7.1 Light

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 04:37:05 am »

I tjink the proper way to do it is to pusb your fix into patches and jen on packages that depend on that, youll have to fix their MAKEDEPENDS and rebuild

roarde

• Vectorian
  • move the needle
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 07:33:29 am »

As for the question, "How do I include a build number in run dependencies (ADDRB)?", I agree the proper answer is, "don't". For those that want to play with it anyway, after the initial ARCH line in the sb, add:
Code: [Select]
[ "${ARCH}" = "${ARCH#i?}" ] || ARCH='i586'And do pkgname.1.1.1-${ARCH}-2vl71 in ADDRB. If the package happens to be one that's tagged 'i486' or 'i686' for your 32-bit machine, that's another edit; and another reason not to do this in the first place.

As for the 'db' packages, I'll keep specific discussion of that on the vl71 db issue, or in IRC.
Robert
VL 7.1 Light