VectorLinux
August 22, 2014, 07:15:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio recorder  (Read 1075 times)
crider54

« on: February 01, 2013, 09:39:19 pm »

Looking for a program that records music that I play on the internet from utube Shocked
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 12:19:29 am »

If you use firefox you can click add-ons under tools and add a youtube downloader

ie: click tools/ add-ons/ get add-ons/ browse all add-ons (lower right)/ touch extensions (top) and choose photos,music,video/ touch Flash Video Downloader and click add to firefox. When watching you tube video you like just click download under the vid and choose format. there are other options

edit: if you were wanting mp3 you can use sound converter from the repository via gslapt package manager to convert the vid to an audio file
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 12:00:54 pm by overthere » Logged

Everything Is Relative
crider54

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 02:58:42 pm »

Not exactly what I was looking for
A program like prerecord available for puppy linux. See nothing like that. It will record anything that plays on you  computer.
MarkGrieveson
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 10:59:34 am »

audacity can be used for recording, and it is in the repositories.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 06:33:43 am by MarkGrieveson » Logged

I am using VL7.0 standard with XFCE
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 04:06:23 am »

@Crider54: There is very little information about prerecord (there only seems to be a sourceforge page), the last update tot the software is from 2009 and sourcefiles don't seem to be available, except perhaps on SVN. What I do read is that it records using OSS, and that it's a deamon which leads me to believe (can't say for sure) that it will only work with other programs that use OSS, and that it's not standard functionality provided by OSS.

I have not been able to record from one program to the next using OSS. I tried, but couldn't figure it out just yet. This doesn't mean it's impossible without prerecord; just that I have not found a way to do it yet.

As far as I know there is no way to record everything that is available on all (different) sound systems that are used in Linux (Alsa, OSS, and various others that are built on top of these). Except actually recording the output of the computer with either another computer or some other recording device.

If you do a way to do this, I'll be very interested to find out what it is :-).

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 07:36:32 am »

Audio recording can be a real crap shoot. There are so many variables. Lately I've had the most success using pulseaudio and using "monitor" as the source. That essentially intercepts the audio output of the sound system. It's a little tricky, as the recording app doesn't show up in pavucontrol until you actually start recording. I use Audacity for capture and editing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: