VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: file-roller  (Read 557 times)

crum

file-roller
« on: April 03, 2015, 06:28:01 am »

Can't find file-roller in the default 7.1 repositories or the untested. I have it on another computer and xarchiver does not seem to work on this unit,every time I use it I get error look at output file or something like that. File-roller works fine on other computer,has file-roller been abandoned?

wigums

• Packager
  • Packager
  • Vectorite
Re: file-roller
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 12:06:29 pm »

file-roller is in the "extra" repo. did you run update from gslapt or slapt-get -u from terminal? xarchiver works fine for me on rc4.1.
can you give the specific errors you are getting?
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

crum

Re: file-roller
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 04:05:28 pm »

Actually file-roller works fine,but I did update on default 7.1 not there then I tried untested not there.I just finished installing 7.1RC4. Looks good. You did say you are using RC4,32 or 64? When I booted install it said you have booted VLocity64. I know I downloaded 7.1RC4 STD. For 64 bit on 32 bit machine works good because that is what I'm using. I'll look again at repositories for file-roller. Xarchiver error check output.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 04:18:20 pm by crum »