VectorLinux
August 01, 2014, 04:04:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wine inconsistancy  (Read 896 times)
StrayBit
Vectorite

« on: February 13, 2013, 06:02:24 pm »

I copied some of the games from Windows to my Public partition which is formatted vfat.  In VL6 i had no problem running all of the games.  In VL7, however, I had to move the whole folder to a reiserfs formatted partition in order to run the one game that required mfc42u.dll which is in that folder.  (I tried copying the dll to c_drive/Windows/system32 and to .../system to no avail.)

If you are interested, here is the result of running from terminal:
Code:
Dell://mnt/Public/WinGames
bruce:$ wine 3mshearts.exe
err:virtual:map_file_into_view failed to set 00000007 protection on file map, noexec filesystem?
err:module:import_dll Loading library MFC42u.DLL (which is needed by L"Z:\\mnt\\Public\\WinGames\\3mshearts.exe") failed (error c000007b).
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\mnt\\Public\\WinGames\\3mshearts.exe" failed, status c0000135
This is just one of the many difficulties I've had in moving to VL7.

Dell GX280: [7.0-Gold-Final], 6.0-Gold-Final, 5.9-Gold
HP 670 Win7 & VL7.0
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 06:22:08 pm »

From the little I searched, It looks like you are
trying to use wine as Vista or Win 7.

Try changing the container to XP.

Bigpaws
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: