VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: To the Forum Admins  (Read 773 times)

retired1af

• Packager
  • Vectorian
To the Forum Admins
« on: February 10, 2013, 05:29:50 am »

I'm not that familiar with this forum software, but I've run into an issue that is somewhat maddening to say the least. I check the forum from multiple devices and if I list unread topics from one device, they'll no longer show on another. Is there a setting that would allow unread topics to actually STAY unread and show up when you select "Show unread posts" from another machine?

And.... What would you guys say if I were to donate a license for IPB forum software? All you'd have to do is pay for the license extensions which is fairly cheap.
ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz

The Headacher

• Louder than you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vectorian
  • I like the bass to go BOOM!
    • Multimedia on VL (work in progress)
Re: To the Forum Admins
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 12:12:28 am »

Well, there's the difference between 'unread since last visit' and 'unread'. The link on the forum typically shows 'unread since last visit', so if you then change device you'll probably be logged out and in again, resulting in a new visit. Hence no (or very little) posts since last visit.

When I have no more 'unread since last visit' posts, I usually get the option to 'show all unread', which is what I prefer anyhow. Perhaps you could visit http://forum.vectorlinux.com/index.php?action=unread;all instead of your normal link. I have that page bookmarked for easy access on my computers.
Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.