VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Perhaps we should change the 'news' on the forum?  (Read 821 times)

The Headacher

• Louder than you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vectorian
  • I like the bass to go BOOM!
    • Multimedia on VL (work in progress)
Perhaps we should change the 'news' on the forum?
« on: February 19, 2013, 02:43:09 am »

Hi y'all, after having been absent for a while, I've had some more time to frequent the forum lately. Now, something has caught my eye.

There's a bar with 'news'. I believe, this hasn't been altered for at least 4 years. I'm fine with it not containing any news (or nothing at all), in fact I prefer that to old news. However, there has been a dead link in there for well over 4 years:
[..] and maybe it's time to remove that link to the old boards in the top-announcement? Doesn't work anymore for a long time now...

Also, I don't believe the "old old" forum the message refers to will ever be revived. Perhaps we can put a friendly message or some more recent news in there? Or at least get rid of wrong info? I always prefer no info to wrong info.

Just a thought.
Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.

stretchedthin

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
    • Opensourcebistro.com
Re: Perhaps we should change the 'news' on the forum?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 02:11:15 pm »

Good, thought.  I'm not really sure who our "go to guy" for web maintainance is.  Sure somebody does though and will pass this on.
Vectorlinux screencasts and  tutorials can be found at....
http://www.opensourcebistro.com/blog1
http://www.youtube.com/user/vid4ken?feature=mhee

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Perhaps we should change the 'news' on the forum?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 06:22:02 am »

I agree... These things should be addressed