VectorLinux
October 22, 2014, 09:41:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BUGS I HAVE ON MY LAPTOP WITH VL LIGHT  (Read 1115 times)
WINDOWS_KILLER

« on: March 01, 2013, 04:55:35 am »

I recent instaled on my old lapto vector linux. Everythink its going well excet some.... bugs and very annoying errors.

1. Network error: Idont know why!!! Network suddenly disconects and i have to  do refresh 5-10 times to connect again to my internet connection... (VERY ANNOYING BUG Sad HELP!!!)
2.Flashing screen on some veeeeeeeeery low graphics requirement games: Teeworlds, Cube2,  Open Arena, World Of Padman, Urban Terror are the games that have flashing screen. And NO!! My computer can play them!! I was running ubuntu and these games didnt have any problem
3.Xarchiver bug: All of as (VL users) we know that this is the pre-instaled archiver!! When I command him to extract a .zip or .tar file it tells that ithere is an error!! WHY?Huh?!?!?!?
4.Mtu changer: I think that vl oughts to have an mtu changer!!! I know that i cant tap commant " sudo ifconfig eth0 mtu 1400" but iwant sometthing more easy.

Can you help me? Please!

retired1af
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 05:33:17 am »

You need to stick with one thread, and provide the requested information. Failure to do so will place you in the "irrelevant" category and nobody will help you.

ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz
roarde
Vectorian

move the needle

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 09:06:05 pm »

It won't take you long to learn where to ask which question. Since you are new to VectorLinux and to these forums, a good place to get help is at Vectorbie Station > Vectorbie Questions.

My suggestion is to continue to follow your question #2 on "Multimedia & Games". I'll put up some info there that might help as soon as I finish this post.

Try starting with the rest of your questions at Vectorbie Questions. It helps to let people know for sure which exact version of VL you're using; look at my answer (or follow nightflier's hint) in "Multimedia & Games" for a way to get that info.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:40:54 pm by roarde » Logged

Robert
VL STD 7.1 RC2.2.2, icewmvmods
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: