VectorLinux
August 29, 2014, 04:01:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Been using Vector for 7 years  (Read 822 times)
benali

« on: March 19, 2013, 03:34:32 am »

Wow, I can't believe I've been using Vector off and on for over 7 years now (since 5.1).  A fast system, for sure. Here I'm typing this on an old P-4 and Vector flies. WAY better than the old XP system that came on this box. I've installed Vector on mature machines for lots of friends. Thanks, everyone.
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 10:17:23 am »

Thank you for that encouraging feedback.  Smiley
retired1af
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 02:48:37 pm »

Heh.. A buddy and I were reminiscing about when we really started to use Linux on our home machines instead of just using it at work. We both tried a few distributions back in late 2004, early 2005 and then we found VL. He's since moved on to other distributions, but I've always had SOHO on my machines since then. Hard to believe that was 8 years ago.

ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz
benali

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 04:23:04 pm »

Hard to believe, isn't it? VL has given me great value for 7 years now. I often install it for friends who have old Windows boxes running XP when they want more mileage out of the computer. Install VL and you don't need to buy a new one.

BTW, I'm in touch with one of the writers over at OS News, trying to get them to write another review of it (their last was on v 7, but I think it was a year or two ago.) Also, I made a few small improvements to the VL Wikipedia page. I'm not much of a poster here in the forum, but I would like to contribute my small part to publicizing VL. If everybody does their part, no matter how small, it helps VL for all of us.

Cheers.
Linux4me

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 03:19:07 am »

Wow, I can't believe I've been using Vector off and on for over 7 years now (since 5.1).  A fast system, for sure. Here I'm typing this on an old P-4 and Vector flies. WAY better than the old XP system that came on this box. I've installed Vector on mature machines for lots of friends. Thanks, everyone.

There is a HUGE difference between your subject post "been using vector for 7 years"  and your script. Really excited to hear your adventure, but " using vector off and on" is like me using windows off and on to do things that linux cant. .....lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: