VectorLinux
July 29, 2014, 12:20:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: k3b can not find optical drive  (Read 1384 times)
Mr. Creosote

« on: March 16, 2013, 05:47:47 pm »

Howdy all

I have  usb DVD drive (ASUS SDRW-08D1S-U DVD-RW). K3B tells me I have no optical drive and brasero pretty much does the same thing.

The error I get from K3B is as follows:

QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
KGlobal::locale::Warning your global KLocale is being recreated with a valid main component instead of a fake component, this usually means you tried to call i18n related functions before your main component was created. You should not do that since it most likely will not work
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
Object::connect: No such signal QDBusAbstractInterface::DeviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath)
Object::connect: No such signal QDBusAbstractInterface::DeviceRemoved(QDBusObjectPath)
Object::connect: No such signal QDBusAbstractInterface::DeviceChanged(QDBusObjectPath)
QStringList Solid::Backends::UDisks::UDisksManager::allDevicesInternal()  error:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited"
k3b(4480)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "view_projects" with KXMLGUIFactory!
k3b(4480)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "view_dir_tree" with KXMLGUIFactory!
k3b(4480)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "view_contents" with KXMLGUIFactory!
k3b(4480)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "location_bar" with KXMLGUIFactory!
k3b(4480)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*): KSystemTimeZones: ktimezoned initialize() D-Bus call failed:  "No such object path '/modules/ktimezoned'"

k3b(4480)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*): No time zone information obtained from ktimezoned
QCoreApplication::postEvent: Unexpected null receiver

The "QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave" message is apparently innocuous. Most of the threads I've found on this topic implicate polkit but most mention an explicit polkit error in /var/log/messages which I don't have and the version of polkit is somewhat behind the one implicated.

The drive is detected using lsusb, I can control the drive from the command line no problem (e.g. eject) and Xine has no problem finding the drive to play a factory DVD.  Mounting is similarly no problem.  I'm not sure what to consider to get burning software to find the drive.

I can burn from the command line using growisofs with no problem to /dev/sr0.   I can do this, of course, but the gui on k3b is convenient if I have multiple file locations.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: