VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: samba package doesn't exist in "extra" repo [WORKAROUND]  (Read 863 times)

GJones

samba package doesn't exist in "extra" repo [WORKAROUND]
« on: May 05, 2013, 11:19:03 am »

Hi all,

I just installed VL Standard 7.0 on my main laptop. Seems pretty good so far, but I cannot install updates, because the new Samba package can't be downloaded and a bunch of stuff depends on it.

I took a look at the main mirror, and found that it wasn't a case of Samba being listed with the wrong version in the manifest; rather, the package simply did not exist in the repository.

What happened? Is the package in the process of being built, i.e. I just happened to install at a bad time?

Edit: worked around this by enabling the Testing repo. This seems to work, but probably shouldn't be necessary...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 11:50:34 am by GJones »

roarde

• Vectorian
  • move the needle
Re: samba package doesn't exist in "extra" repo
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 11:55:54 am »

Right. It's not there, not in ./n, not in testing/n, testing/extra/n, apparently nowhere. Just a name in PACKAGES.TXT and the source in source/testing/n .

I'd have to guess either the upload missed or possibly it was removed for some reason.

I assume it's samba 3.5.10 you're looking for. Thing is, I don't see anything that depends on samba > 3.5.3 .

I'm sure you'll get a more educated reply sometime soon. Just wait a bit.

Edit: I think updating from testing got you 4.0.0 . Hope it works.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 11:57:55 am by roarde »
Robert
VL 7.1 Light