VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: API error (Solved)  (Read 1071 times)

sledgehammer

• Vectorian
API error (Solved)
« on: June 30, 2013, 10:56:32 am »

With lots of help, particularly from hata_ph, I have been able to get linphone 3.6.1 to the point where it is works, at least its most significant parts work.  I changed quite a few things in this process (I didn't get the name Sledgehammer for nothing).

Now, ETM (sudo easy_install -U etm if setuptools is installed) won't load.  Big problem for me as I use ETM constantly.  Here is the error message:

vector:/~
johwhi:$ etm_qt.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/etm_qt.py", line 5, in <module>
    pkg_resources.run_script('etm-qt==2.1.5', 'etm_qt.py')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 489, in run_script
    self.require(requires)[0].run_script(script_name, ns)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 1214, in run_script
    exec script_code in namespace, namespace
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/etm_qt-2.1.5-py2.7.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/etm_qt.py", line 8, in <module>

File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/etmQt/etmData.py", line 17, in <module>
RuntimeError: the sip module implements API v9.0 to v9.1 but the PyQt4.QtGui module requires API v8.1
vector:/~

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 09:55:18 pm by sledgehammer »
VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511

hata_ph

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • -- Just being myself --
Re: API error
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 06:03:48 pm »

sledgehammer

• Vectorian
Re: API error
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 09:54:55 pm »

Thanks hata_ph!  That did the trick.  Turns out probably may have been caused by confusion caused in my alleged brain by names in the vector repository.

I looked at http://people.duke.edu/~dgraham/etmqt/INSTALL.html.  Then I deleted sip and pyqt4 and PyQt from my system and tried the "standard python install process" mentioned on that page but couldn't figure python configure.py out, so I tried to install them with easy install, e.g. easy_install -U PyQt4   That didn't work.  So I went back to the vector repositories and installed SIP and pyqt4.  Tried etm.  It didn't work.  Then I decided to install PyQt from the Vector Repositories and was told that doing that would remove pyqt4.  So I did that.  And etm worked.  I think the vector repository may need some attention concerning pyqt4.  In fact I think pyqt4 should be deleted altogether for PyQt is version 4.9.6 and pyqt4 is version 4.8.3.

hata_ph

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • -- Just being myself --
Re: API error (Solved)
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 10:20:44 pm »

some old packages will need pyqt4 as dependency while installing the new PyQt package will override the pyqt4 package...

BTW, i have build etm-891 and etm_qt-2.1.5 in the testing repo...

sledgehammer

• Vectorian
Re: API error (Solved)
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 11:06:59 pm »

Great.  I could not get through the day without ETM.  I check it first thing in the morning and last thing at night.  Aside from organizing this very disorganized person, it also keeps an accurate log of the time I spend during the day and does many other things.

John