VectorLinux
October 24, 2014, 01:22:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GUI problem (Solved)  (Read 1264 times)
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« on: June 25, 2013, 07:37:55 am »

Some programs, e.g. lyx and etm, don't work right if I start them from the GUI, but do work right if I load them from the command prompt.  The font when loading from the GUI is clearly different....slightly larger and bolder.  I have reloaded qt4, several of the python programs, XFCE and run the VASM autoconfig from the tui.  No cigar.

Any suggestions?  This was posted on page 2 of the linphone 3.6.0 thread but I think it needs its own thread.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 08:53:54 am by sledgehammer » Logged

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 08:53:31 am »

I reloaded libgnome 2.30.0 from the VL repository and that fixed the problem both with lyx and etm.  I note, for what its worth, that I had to bypass a dependency error notice ("Depends: bluecurve-icon-theme") in order to re-load libgnome.

John

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: