VectorLinux
October 30, 2014, 10:38:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: sflphone  (Read 7060 times)
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 08:37:08 am »

final part (I hope)
2013-04-26 06:45:57 Removed: libplist-1.8-i586-1vl70-upgraded-2013-04-26,06:45:56
<ZAP>
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 01:32:16 pm by sledgehammer » Logged

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 04:23:06 pm »

I try to install sflphone via gslapt from the testing repo...it start fine from the terminal...
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 07:59:28 pm »

Thanks for your efforts.  Its in my VL untested, not the VL tested repository.

I removed and reinstalled via gslapt from untested and still get the error whether from the command line or gui, as follows:

Unable to initialize.
Make sure the daemon is running.
Error: Process /usr/lib/sflphone/sflphoned exited with status 127

I wonder what I might do to get the daemon running?  That seems to be the problem.

JOhn

roarde
Vectorian

move the needle

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 09:14:37 pm »

I've no idea how to set up or use sflphone, but I grabbed it and tried to start. Had the same problem. Hobbled together enough symlinks in /usr/lib to make the account creation screen appear. I went no further. I used the output from executing /usr/lib/sflphone/sflphoned and answered its complaints step-by-step.

I'm lost here; the following is probably something you really should not do, but is intended as info for hata_ph or someone else who can come up with a correct fix.

Ever seen the movie "1942"?

root:# cd /usr/lib
DO NOT ln-s the following:
libavutil.so.51.34.101 libavutil.so.50
libavcodec.so.53.60.100 libavcodec.so.52
libswscale.so.2.1.100 libswscale.so.0
libavformat.so.53.31.100 libavformat.so.52

I doubt that's a good way. But that's what brought sflphone up. It would probably cause breakage if actually used.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 09:50:20 pm by roarde » Logged

Robert
VL STD 7.1 RC2.2.2, icewmvmods
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2013, 05:03:43 pm »

May i know what version of ffmpeg that you all currently using?

OK, i believe it is due to the ffmpeg. I have rebuild sflphone v2 to use ffmpeg-0.10.7 from the testing repo...pls try it again as I have move sflphone to testing repo
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 05:30:07 pm by hata_ph » Logged
roarde
Vectorian

move the needle

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2013, 07:29:23 pm »

Grabbed the new version. Starts right up. Can't go further because I have no account and don't even have a microphone.

Starting from terminal produced no errors or warnings, just normal notices.

Robert
VL STD 7.1 RC2.2.2, icewmvmods
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2013, 10:34:14 pm »

hata_ph

I was excited to read Roarde's comment about it starting right up.  Got a cup of coffee and a good new cigar and set down to see what happened.  Removed old slfphone and installed new from VL testing.  

As Roarde says, it started right up.  The Gnome "client" apparently.  No problem connecting to diamondcard.us.  Seems to work fine.  

But, unlike twinkle and linphone, I could not find an address book.  That is a fatal flaw and will preclude its general use. Linphone, with all its flaws, is better because one can add addresses (names and phone numbers).  I got on to sflphone.org.  The "features" page says "GNOME/KDE address book integration."  I found this:

By default, when installing the Gnome client, the Evolution/Gnome addressbook support is not installed. To do so, install the following package:

sudo apt-get install sflphone-plugins

I have no intention of ever using the evolution addressbook, but perhaps Gnome has a reasonably usable one.  Any chance that sometime you could take a look and see if there is someway to get these plugins?

Thank you very much.

John 

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 10:38:51 pm by sledgehammer » Logged

sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2013, 02:32:29 pm »

Sflphone is sure a nice looking program.  I have been playing around with its preferences.  Seems to prefer pulseaudio to alsa and I don't (yet) know much about pusleaudio.  Best I can tell, neither pulseaudio or Pavucontrol put an icon anywhere I can find.  And pavucontrol from vl repository shows a load error.  

I think sflphone is probably a good thing to have in the VL repository, whether or not I get the address thing worked out for my use.  

John

BTW, to clean up this thread should I take out my pkgtools info?

hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 06:57:25 pm »

I try to build the sflphone plugins but it need gtk+3...so I believe it is a too much a hassle to build and use an address plugins...
Sorry about that...
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2013, 10:33:58 pm »

hata_ph,

Thank you so much for trying.  I will see if there is something I can do which will get me by until gtk+3 comes to VL.  By the way, on this point, I note that gtk+3 has been in the standard VL repository for some time now.  I guess there are problems with it or that something else is holding up its implementation.

I have been using sflphone all day and it is great.   Haven't had occasion to try conference phone yet, but I bet that works great too. To get addresses I go to a txt file where I have them stored and copy them over.  Cumbersome, but workable.

Its just nice to finally have a sipphone in our repositories that works out of the box.

Anyway, for what its worth, so far at least I am very happy with the way sflphone works.

John

hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2013, 05:17:19 pm »

The reason I am reluctant to use gtk+3 is installing gtk+3 most probably will force you to upgrade cairo, pango, gdk-pixbux2 and others gtk stuff. It may bring some dependencies issue to others applications that it will take time to fix...
I can try to build latest sflphone with gtk+3 but there is no warrant it is 100% safe Smiley
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2013, 07:36:40 pm »

Thanks,

If installing with gtk+3 would enable you to also install the gnome address plugins, I would sure like to take the risk of blowing up something else.  I used sflphone again all day today and it worked flawlessly.  But copying and pasting phone numbers is a real pain.  And I still haven't figured out how to make vpn calls with it.

John

hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2013, 11:49:45 pm »

I try to build latest sflphone with gtk+3 but it have too much errors that I cannot build it...
I found another SIP application called yate...maybe you can try it...
I have build it at the untested repo...try it

http://yate.null.ro/pmwiki/
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2013, 06:55:23 am »

Yate downloaded and installed just fine.   I will use it today and report later.

Thank you!

John

sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2013, 09:16:14 am »

Working well this morning.  Getting "echo" complaints from people I call and am trying to figure out how to stop or curb that.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: