VectorLinux
July 22, 2014, 07:09:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: sflphone  (Read 5677 times)
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2013, 06:27:03 pm »

Do yate have it own address book?
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2013, 10:05:15 pm »

That is a good question.  Apparently yate once uses postgresql and/or mysql to collect and hold contact information.  Now, on its home page, it says "Local Address Book" but it doesn't say "implemented."  And it says "Implemented" or "soon to be implemented" after every thing else, e.g. "Video - soon to be implemented.

So my answer is "no," it doesn't have a local address book.  It does apparently utilize existing address books for those using google talk, facebook etc.

I am seeing a pattern: linphone says it has an address book but if used in its fully functioning form, takes a couple of hours to load.  Sflphone apparently, if gtk+3 installed, uses the kde or gnome address books.  Twinkle seems to be about the only one out there with a functioning local address gadget.

Of course, I am not very familiar yet with yate and may be missing something.  But I doubt it.  Most likely Yate, like so many programs, is cowardly.....reluctant to pass out bad news and so forces the potential user through a lot of unnecessary steps. 

But thanks again for all your trying.  Looks like linphone, warts and all, is probably the sip program most suitable to my needs.  Too bad.

John

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2013, 10:14:48 pm »

hata_ph !!!!!

You are a genius!  

I was able to keep a local address book on yate!!!!!!!!!!  It worked perfectly tonight.  I will retrace my steps and see if I can figure out why I couldn't do this yesterday.  I think had I been thinking right, I could have figured it out then without all the trouble which I went through today, which I will now explain in case it is of any help.

1.  I deleted your yate and worked with linphone.
2.  As usual, got pissed at linphone.
3.  Went to slackbuilds and installed the yate version there, for slackware 14 (a 13.37 version was not available)  Could not get it to call out on sip.diamondcard.us.  Tried using my google talk or google voice or whatever and I could add addresses while I was on the google account.
4. Armed with this knowledge, I deleted slackbuild yate and reinstalled your yate from the untested repository.
5. It called out fine on my sip.diamondcard.us account.
6. It called out fine on my google jabber account.
7. It also showed some addresses in chat, though I can't  recall ever using google chat.
8.  Most importantly, in telephony, I was able to add some names and phone numbers.
9. Closed yate and restarted it.  The addresses I inserted were still there and worked.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 10:18:30 pm by sledgehammer » Logged

hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2013, 03:11:13 am »

Are you using yate-4.3.0-i586-3vl70.txz?
DO you have mysql installed?
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2013, 09:18:47 am »

Are you using yate-4.3.0-i586-3vl70.txz?

Yes

DO you have mysql installed?

Yes.

Problem I am now having is in answering incoming calls.  I am getting a audio error ("Check your soundcard.").  Don't know why it works so well on outgoing calls but not incoming.  I use a USB headphone to make and receive calls.  I am trying to find stretchedthin's video on this default soundcard business as we speak.  Ken's site was down last time I looked. And am looking at alsamixer.  Perhaps an adjustment or two there will help.  If not, I will probably remove pulseaudio as that may be screwing things up.

John

sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2013, 12:23:57 pm »

Though it dials out just fine, I still can't get yate to accept incoming calls.  Get following error:

Failed to open audio
Please check your sound card

Seems as if yate has a module written in 2005 which may fix this at

https://github.com/shimaore/yate/blob/master/modules/client/alsachan.cpp.

My /home/johwhi/.asoundrc is as follows:

pcm.!default {
        type hw
        card 1
}

ctl.!default {
        type hw
        card 1
}

This generally directs sound to my USB headphones, but same problem when I use the onboard speakers/microphone.

Seems also that the next version of Yate (4.4) will accept pulseaudio.

Meanwhile, this is a pretty big problem.

I have written the yate forum.

hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2013, 02:53:30 pm »

I rebuild yate-4.3.0-i586-3vl70.txz with mysql/postgresql support so it seem it does need a database software for the addressbook...
I am not sure about the incoming call issue...sorry
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2013, 10:02:44 pm »

Well, while all seem to work on outgoing calls, here's the story I tell when calling my sip phones from my home land line, using my home internet (not real fast DSL).

Yate....won't accept incoming calls.
sflphone...accepts incoming calls but hangs up after 30 seconds or so.
linphone...accepts incoming calls but hands up in less than a minute.
twinkle...accepts incoming calls and doesn't hang up.

I will see if same happens tomorrow at office, where I have fast internet service.

John

sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2013, 08:50:03 am »

Here is situation on connecting to my faster (cable-based) internet this morning:

Yate....accepted incoming calls and did not hang up ("Ringer" must be off in telephony options).
Sflphone still hung up on incoming calls in less than a minute.
Linphone accepted incoming calls and did not hang up.
Twinkle, of course, worked as intended, accepted calls and did not hang up.

hata_ph, I will continue now exclusively using Yate.  It seems to be an excellent sip phone for heavy use.  I haven't yet tried some of the bells and whistles, but in its basics (making and accepting calls and keeping a functional address book) it seems perfect.

Thank you again.

If  I report again on Yate, I will start a new topic.

John

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: