VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: vl mirror issues reply[answerd]  (Read 756 times)

v12fairlane

vl mirror issues reply[answerd]
« on: July 22, 2013, 12:25:06 am »

i click on the link when i am logged in and says link is broken, missing or i dont have the required permissions. just letting you know.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 02:21:13 am by v12fairlane »

roarde

• Vectorian
  • move the needle
Re: vl mirror issues reply
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 12:44:13 am »

Many of the posts you find by search will return this reply. Looks like the pages are still in the index, but probably no longer physically present. It's a known issue, and there's been discussion of finding a home for older posts and former versions of the forum.

Fixing it never seems to be a hot issue; my guess is that most of the affected info is outdated, so even if it were accessible, it may cause more confusion than help.

Still, something should be done either to put those pages up somewhere accessible or to delete the references. Thanks for mentioning it and keeping the issue from being forgotten.
Robert
VL 7.1 Light

v12fairlane

Re: vl mirror issues reply
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 12:46:15 am »

thats alright, happy to help. i wanted to know what the issue was thats all. thanks for the reply.