VectorLinux
September 16, 2014, 09:18:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm back!  (Read 4249 times)
ddval

That's my story and I'm stuck with it.

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2013, 08:44:07 am »

I installed netsurf and tried it on some wordpress sites.  It seems to be good on those sites. But, though, as nightflier surmised, I was kidding about outlook.com, netsurf doesn't work very well on heinonline.org, a site I use a lot. So, ddval, I too will keep using netflix (and chromium).  But its great to know about netsurf.   It seems to work on some sites that dillo doesn't like.

I've tried Dillo, several times, I never got the hang of it.   Is chromium open source or google?

Cheers
Linux User 561425
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2013, 03:47:48 pm »

Chromium, in the VL7 repositories, is open source I believe.  However, it doesn't get on some sites.  Its cousin, Google Chrome, far as I know, gets on everything.  But, everything that has a front has a back and google chrome tracks you.

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
roarde
Vectorian

move the needle

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2013, 08:22:26 pm »

Iron. Because Chromium tracks you.

Chances are, there are uncaught things in Iron that leave one a bit open, but they're working on it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 08:24:42 pm by roarde » Logged

Robert
VL STD 7.1 RC2.2.2, icewmvmods
ddval

That's my story and I'm stuck with it.

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 05:31:34 am »

Iron. Because Chromium tracks you.

Chances are, there are uncaught things in Iron that leave one a bit open, but they're working on it.

Amazing!   The constant stream of valuable information that is offered.  

« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 08:37:22 pm by ddval » Logged

Cheers
Linux User 561425
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: