VectorLinux
September 02, 2014, 06:02:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannot log in - session lasted lest than 10 seconds message  (Read 371 times)
conductor56

« on: August 18, 2013, 11:39:56 am »

I am using Vector 7installed from the Live CD.

I generally log in to my own user account.

Sometimes, in the past, I have been given the "session lasted lest than 10 seconds message" and login has failed.  I have assumed this is because of a mis-typed password because a second attempt has always succeeded.  However, this is not happening now.  I get the same message every time.

I am able to log in as root and open a terminal.  Then I can su to my account and it seems to work fine.  There is ample disk space.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Modified:  Working as root , I discovered I had deleted a file that was called from my .bashrc file.  I put the file back and the problem has gone away.  This is good for now.

But I'll change my question to: Is there a way to prevent login failure if .bashrc encounters a problem?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 12:14:56 pm by conductor56 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: