VectorLinux
October 25, 2014, 06:53:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21
  Print  
Author Topic: VectorLinux 7.1 official beta (almost)  (Read 31898 times)
Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #180 on: December 01, 2013, 03:18:23 am »

DOES ANYBODY  KNOW  HOW TO GET BACK  vliloconf command UNDER VL7.1 B1 64BIT?

NOW TYPING VLILOCONF UNDR CONSOLE AS ROOT, NO SUCH COMMAND AVAILABLE, FORMER  RC VERSION NEVER  ENCOUNTER SUCH ISSUE.....

OR ANYBODY COULD INFORM ME WHICH PKG SHOUL I REINSTALL AGAIN IN ORDER TO GET BACK VLILOCONF COMMAND?Huh?
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

I'm pretty sure I have answers to this, but I have a hard time concentrating when I'm being shouted at.

G R E A T ! WELL SAID
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #181 on: December 01, 2013, 11:52:18 am »

I said
Same version of lyx is on 7.0 but without these problems.

But there are some other variables (downloading texlive, installing styles), so the lyx bugs might not be related to 7.1.  When time permits I will try another lyx project in 7.1 to make sure and report if I learn more.  However, right now, the most obvious cause is something in 7.1 64 bit.  Nonetheless, it seems to me that lyx should either run or not run.  And it runs well on 7.1 for most purposes.

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #182 on: December 01, 2013, 12:00:54 pm »

B1 32b xfce

Is install package working for user?

I have vobcopy.txz, when right clicked I click install package and it ask for password then nothing.

If I open a terminal and su to root and run installpkg pkg.txz it installs the pkg
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 02:51:40 pm by overthere » Logged

Everything Is Relative
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2013, 02:53:16 pm »

Perhaps not of current interest, but to note, The file manager in fluxbox is not configured, added icons to gtkrc mine and got icons but devices etc are not correct,for ie the cdrom is showing a previous disc and right click has no mount options, no hd showing... xfce fm is fine, not sure how to correct.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 02:56:41 pm by overthere » Logged

Everything Is Relative
Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #184 on: December 01, 2013, 07:50:37 pm »

-- Confirm Thunar in fluxbox does not show any icons.

-- sudo /sbin/installpkg pkg.txz is working here
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #185 on: December 01, 2013, 10:17:52 pm »

B1 32b xfce

Is install package working for user?

I have vobcopy.txz, when right clicked I click install package and it ask for password then nothing.

If I open a terminal and su to root and run installpkg pkg.txz it installs the pkg

that's bug for vl7.1  B1 64 bit for sure
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #186 on: December 01, 2013, 10:24:26 pm »

DOES ANYBODY  KNOW  HOW TO GET BACK  vliloconf command UNDER VL7.1 B1 64BIT?

NOW TYPING VLILOCONF UNDR CONSOLE AS ROOT, NO SUCH COMMAND AVAILABLE, FORMER  RC VERSION NEVER  ENCOUNTER SUCH ISSUE.....

OR ANYBODY COULD INFORM ME WHICH PKG SHOUL I REINSTALL AGAIN IN ORDER TO GET BACK VLILOCONF COMMAND?Huh?
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

I'm pretty sure I have answers to this, but I have a hard time concentrating when I'm being shouted at.

G R E A T ! WELL SAID
under vl7.1,b1 64bit,
can manually edit /boot/grub/grub.cfg ....

while that's not convinient as vliloconf command.

pita!around your province, any other vector linux users you can go for discussions and exchange  Huh?

pls. being more sociable, vetor linux community don't like   Brits Reserve.

overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #187 on: December 01, 2013, 11:13:13 pm »

Vincent2
Thanks for confirmation, if it is in 32 and 64bit likely deeper issue and will be addressed in time as development progresses but worth the mention,Thanks. Likey same for vliloconfig, worth the mention but will be addressed as time permitts..be patient
cheers

Everything Is Relative
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #188 on: December 01, 2013, 11:31:16 pm »

Pita..quick fix for icons in fluxbox thunar
added the following to .gtkrc-2.0 mine:

gtk-icon-theme-name="Faenza-Cupertino"

Everything Is Relative
roarde
Vectorian

move the needle

« Reply #189 on: December 02, 2013, 01:05:26 pm »

Package installation from Thunar:
The problem is due to my overzealous removal of scripts from vasm-legacy. I plead that this aggressive removal helps identify what needs to be done before vasm-legacy is replaced with the forthcoming new vasm (which is on hold so this release can be concentrated on). The needed scripts have been returned. Unless you're using this feature, no real need, but updating vasm-legacy to the latest in untested solves this problem. That's the only change in the new version, so most should probably just wait for the next ISO. Thanks to overthere for catching this, I'dve missed it otherwise.

vliloconf missing:
This is also an omission from vasm-legacy, but for now it's intentional. There's still some discussion on how bootloader configuration will be done post-install. Some users, mostly new to VL, were having problems with the scripts in certain situations. So they're absent until the method is decided on and the scripts can be edited and returned. So yes, for now reconfiguring the bootloader will be done by manual edit of lilo or grub configuration. Sad
Although this was an issue known in advance, THANKS TO VINCENT2 FOR REMINDING ME OF IT.

One more thing of note is missing from vasm-legacy right now. There's no means to "automatically" configure terminal keyboard, x-keyboard, and locale. The main problem with the previous scripts was the naming conflict between x-keyboard and terminal keyboard layouts for many locales. I think there's a way to do it all at once, smoothly. If I'm wrong, this ability will return to vasm-legacy anyway with an additional step to choose terminal keyboard separately from x-keyboard. Top of the list, but may take the longest.

Robert
VL STD 7.1 RC2.2.2, icewmvmods
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2013, 04:53:26 pm »

Thanks. A new Vasm will be worth the wait and any interim inconvenience, thanks for the fix.

Everything Is Relative
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #191 on: December 02, 2013, 07:07:21 pm »

curious..in gslapt checked Chestnut-Dialer for install, gives dependency failure warning for pycairo/gtk/gobject but when checked all three are already installed..installed anyway and the app opens and appears fine..although on cable at the moment so cannot test actual function. This does not happen with all apps but did happen with another recent install. just thought I would mention as chestnut is a means of Internet connection for many still.

Everything Is Relative
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #192 on: December 02, 2013, 11:27:25 pm »

VL7.1 B1 32B
Observations

when I right click a text file in thunar at the bottom of the pop up menu are 3 options to- print a file, spellcheck a text document, imagemagick an image.

Is the print file supposed to print the right clicked text file? I get 0 but do not have a printer attached..would be nice if it did

Is the spell check a text document supposed to spell check the right clicked file? I get 0...would be nice if it did

I like imagemagick as a menu item and it works but odd to right click a text file for it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 11:37:36 pm by overthere » Logged

Everything Is Relative
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #193 on: December 03, 2013, 10:39:23 am »

curious..in gslapt checked Chestnut-Dialer for install, gives dependency failure warning for pycairo/gtk/gobject but when checked all three are already installed..installed anyway and the app opens and appears fine..although on cable at the moment so cannot test actual function. This does not happen with all apps but did happen with another recent install. just thought I would mention as chestnut is a means of Internet connection for many still.

Thanks for reporting the bug.
The package has been fixed.  Build log is here http://vlcore.vectorlinux.com/buildbot/builders/chestnut-dialer/builds/9

overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #194 on: December 03, 2013, 06:11:23 pm »

In terminal when opening apps I get GLIB-GOobject-Warnings.

galculator, gimp, abi gnumeric, mplayer, etc.

apps appear to function, ie can watch a movie, but ie gnome-mplayer has some button issues..here is terminal..open file.vob, press stop wait a sec then click the window X to close and vid plays from start, do same again and window closes.

terminal
Code:
someone:$ gnome-mplayer
GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend.  Your settings will not be saved or shared with other applications.

(gnome-mplayer:11449): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-can-change-accels after class was initialised

(gnome-mplayer:11449): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-menu-popup-delay after class was initialised

(gnome-mplayer:11449): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-menu-popdown-delay after class was initialised

(gnome-mplayer:11449): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-menu-bar-popup-delay after class was initialised

(gnome-mplayer:11449): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-menu-images after class was initialised

(gnome-mplayer:11449): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-label-select-on-focus after class was initialised

(gnome-mplayer:11449): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to read the recently used resources file at `/home/someone/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but the parser failed: Error reading file '/home/someone/.local/share/recently-used.xbel': Is a directory.
GMLIB-Message: after init: position=0.000 length=0.000 start_time=0.000 run_time=0.000 volume=0.00 player=dead media=unknown uri=

(gnome-mplayer:11449): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-button-images after class was initialised

(gnome-mplayer:11449): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-scrolled-window-placement after class was initialised

(gnome-mplayer:11449): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into `/home/someone/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to rename file '/home/someone/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.KXIA7W' to '/home/someone/.local/share/recently-used.xbel': g_rename() failed: Is a directory

(gnome-mplayer:11449): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_ascii_strncasecmp: assertion 's1 != NULL' failed
GMLIB-Message: in media state change with state = play dontplaynext = 0
GMLIB-Message: in media state change with state = stop dontplaynext = 0
GMLIB-Message: in media state change with state = play dontplaynext = 1
GMLIB-Message: in media state change with state = stop dontplaynext = 1
GMLIB-Message: in media state change with state = unknown dontplaynext = 1
Segmentation fault
vector:/~
someone:$

@MOE-Inx thanks for confirmation

edit: guessing gobject warnings can be ignored for the most part...likely not related to gmplayer issues
...also umplayer seems to be woking well so switched to it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:57:33 pm by overthere » Logged

Everything Is Relative
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21
  Print  

Jump to: