VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: VLC Player  (Read 3227 times)

Masta

• Global Moderator
  • Vectorian
VLC Player
« on: September 23, 2013, 10:43:59 pm »

VLC player crashes when attempting to "right click" on a .mp4 file and selecting to use VLC.
I then open VLC from the terminal and try to open a .mp4 file from the VLC menu, output is below:

Code: [Select]
vlc
VLC media player 2.0.8 Twoflower (revision 2.0.7-29-g12aebf9)
[0x6041a8] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.

(vlc:12605): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-button-images after class was initialised

(vlc:12605): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-label-select-on-focus after class was initialised

(vlc:12605): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-can-change-accels after class was initialised

(vlc:12605): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-menu-popup-delay after class was initialised

(vlc:12605): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-menu-popdown-delay after class was initialised

(vlc:12605): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-entry-select-on-focus after class was initialised

(vlc:12605): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-entry-password-hint-timeout after class was initialised

(vlc:12605): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-scrolled-window-placement after class was initialised

(vlc:12605): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-menu-bar-popup-delay after class was initialised
Segmentation fault

The "GLib-GObject-WARNING" comes up right away, then when you select the mp4 file to be played, it just gives a "Segmentation fault", and the gui crashes.

We are having issues with more than one media player. I think the only player that I can get to play a video file with sound is the Gnome MPlayer, which is farthest from my choice.

While I'm on the media players,,,, I'd like to have my Xine package. It's an old player indeed, but has always been faithful to me and is my player of choice to this day.

Masta

• Global Moderator
  • Vectorian
Re: VLC Player
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 12:05:44 pm »

Solved on next iso.

wigums

• Packager
  • Packager
  • Vectorite
Re: VLC Player
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 03:00:37 pm »

which iso? im on .50 and ALL media players have issues it seems
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.