VectorLinux
September 02, 2014, 06:04:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Solved] cairo dock issue  (Read 1931 times)
jotabe

« on: September 26, 2013, 09:37:28 am »

hi all

im having a little issue with cairo dock. I have setted up the weather mini app, but it displays the default Vancouver weather.
I tried configure the app. but when i click the option the Cairo dock itself blinks for a moment and then cames back, but no menu gets displayed. Is it because im doing it with my normal non-root user? or am i doing something wrong?

can i change the desired location by entering the location's accuweather code in a text config file? that woulde be much easyer i think

Im using VL standard gold 7.0...

thanks all for the answers!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 06:29:26 pm by jotabe » Logged
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 11:03:39 am »

Right click the weather applet and choose weather/edit then click the configuration tab to enter the code or location. I think it uses weather.com

Everything Is Relative
MarkGrieveson
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 02:38:25 pm »

Right-clicking works, though for me it was right click the weather applet, then "Configure this applet", then it should be on weather, and from there choose the Configuration tab, at which point you can enter your desired location in the "Search for location" search box.  See attached photo.  If you wish for centigrade, check the "Use international system units" box.  If Fahrenheit, then leave it unchecked.

I am using VL7.0 standard with XFCE
jotabe

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 04:14:14 pm »

mmm... it seems that i didnt explain miself very well

i get to the cairo dock config, but when i try to configure the applet the program seems to crash

if i right click over the applet and click on "configure applet" it blinks (probably crashes?) and cairo dock restarts

that was why i was trying to know in wich text file i could manually enter the zonecode
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 04:39:13 pm »

You may have a look at /home/username/.config/cairo-dock/current_theme/plug-ins/weather ( in file manager click view and select show hidden files )

odd you can not right click on the dock and choose cairo-dock/configure/weather without a crash, may be worth opening in a terminal to see if any errors show.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 05:39:41 pm by overthere » Logged

Everything Is Relative
jotabe

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 12:41:37 pm »

i dont understand why it crashes, i downloaded a new applet (calendar) and it works just fine, it does not crash if i tried to configure it...

its strange but ill try the hardcore way
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 04:58:36 pm »

I quit ciaro-dock and then changed the code ( right click the file and open in a text editor-code is nearer bottom, save), relaunch showed the change.

If you need to find the code this may help

http://aspnetresources.com/tools/weatherIdResolver

Everything Is Relative
jotabe

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 06:28:10 pm »

You may have a look at /home/username/.config/cairo-dock/current_theme/plug-ins/weather ( in file manager click view and select show hidden files )

odd you can not right click on the dock and choose cairo-dock/configure/weather without a crash, may be worth opening in a terminal to see if any errors show.

100%accurated. this solved the issue with no problem. I just closed the dock, changed the config file and re-opened...

thanks a lot to you all for the replys
greetz
jotabe
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: