VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: youtube sound issue  (Read 3152 times)

MarkGrieveson

• Vectorian
youtube sound issue
« on: October 06, 2013, 06:58:07 pm »

For some reason, whenever I go to youtube, the sound on the youtube video is automatically on the mute setting.  I try pressing the speaker icon, but it usually doesn't respond (though sometimes after numerous tries I'll be able to get it off the mute setting).  This is new, and I'm not sure why this is happening.

ETA:  I think it's just my old crappy mouse giving me problems.  When I pressed extra hard on the button I was able to unmute it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 06:32:41 pm by MarkGrieveson »
I am using VL7.0 standard with XFCE

rokytnji

• Vectorite
  • Linux Friganeer
    • Yet Another Technology Site
Re: [solved] youtube sound issue
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 09:22:43 am »

No you are not the only one experiencing this and it is not distro or browser specific as far as I can tell. It looks to be a youtube thing to me.

http://forums.solydxk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1698

MarkGrieveson

• Vectorian
Re: youtube sound issue
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 06:32:21 pm »

Thanks for getting back to me.  Yeah, even though sometimes I can get it to work (which made me mistakenly feel that I had solved it) I do find that it's still often a challenge getting sound working on youtube.  Hopefully it won't last.  I usually can unmute it, but it is a struggle.
I am using VL7.0 standard with XFCE

sledgehammer

• Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 08:15:13 pm »

Mark,

Could you forward the url of a youtube that is giving you trouble.  I don't have any trouble with youtube on firefox.
VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511

rokytnji

• Vectorite
  • Linux Friganeer
    • Yet Another Technology Site
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 04:16:14 am »

Mark,

Could you forward the url of a youtube that is giving you trouble.  I don't have any trouble with youtube on firefox.

This one from me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt9qw3mecdc

sledgehammer

• Vectorian
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 11:40:37 am »

Mark,

Kito and the Lavender Moon plays perfectly here.   It must be something to do with your equipment.  I notice the same kind of thing with cdroms.  I have VL 7.0 on several machines.  Some won't recognize some cdroms when I put them in even though other cdroms from the same person and source (us courts) are recognized (and play) on the same machine just fine.  And that a cdrom which won't play on one vl7.0 machine plays just fine on another vl7.0 machine. 

John
VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511