VectorLinux
November 22, 2014, 12:58:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Handy Ruler description  (Read 1249 times)
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« on: October 10, 2013, 09:27:37 pm »

Hi there mighty packagers. I have been finding lots of packages with no description or "handy Ruler" for the description. I haven't found an easy way to hunt down all the no description packages, however i do bring great news...

You can use gslapt to find the handy ruler ones, quickly and easily.
 just search "handy" or search "ruler'
 then click on the resulting list of items and you can see they will show "handy Ruler" in the common tab's description line.

cheers,
           Masta
hata_ph
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 09:40:16 pm »

7.0? 7.1? or both?
roarde
Vectorian

move the needle

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 10:19:25 pm »

Code:
for f in var/vabs/*/src/*.SlackBuild
do
  grep -l "$(basename $f .SlackBuild).*handy-ruler" $(dirname $f)/slack-desc 2>/dev/null
done > ~/handylist
[ -n "$PAGER" ] && $PAGER ~/handylist || less ~/handylist

Packages have moved to sbbuilder-style SlackBuilds, so unless someone changes '$SHIM' to '$NAME' or the actual package name, only those packages which come in with their own slack-desc should need to be checked for this.

Finding undescribed packages is more than I can do at this hour.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:47:00 pm by roarde » Logged

Robert
VL STD 7.1 RC2.3, icewmvmods
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 10:40:46 pm »

Currently I am seeing this in the 7.1 repository. If you want to see if it is in the 7.0, feel free to use the search terms I mentioned above, in the gslapt. Then simply click on the app's in the list and read the section below to see if it says handy ruler.

I haven't found an easy way to spot the "no description" packages, but I can tell you that if you use search word "video", and there are a few packages under that which have no description.

Note:
        My only 7.0 installation is on the 32bit install. I rarely go on there. I broke my 64bit 7.0 installation by updating things to what's current in 7.1. I went a step or two too far and I could not fix it, so I installed 7.1  Grin

Unless I specifically mention an issue is with 7.0, it is safe to assume I am talking about 7.1. This should save any confusion, I hope. PLUS... I am trying to help tidy up the 7.1 repository before we have public access. If we catch these little things now, we won't have to deal with them later.

Right now I think I am the only one testing for 7.1 out of the repo (at least on 64bit). Should be plenty of users still on the 7.0 to make some reports.

So, PLEASE, use the search for "handy" or "ruler", if you see a package there that is your build, you can fix it.
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 10:54:48 pm »

exaile 3.3.1-x86_64-2vl71
foomatic-db-engine 4.0_20130607-x86_64-1vl71
libgusb 0.1.6-x86_64-1vl71
libkdegames 4.11.1-x86_64-1vl71
libtdb 1.2.9-x86_64-1vl71
reiserfsprogs 3.6.23-x86_64-2vl71

The are applicartions currently in the repo that are using |-----handy-ruler------------------------------------------------------| as a description. Thes packages are found in the 64bit VL-7.1 repository (as the package version shows) I don't know who's packaging what, however if these packages belong to your builds (anyone), please fix the description.
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 03:34:33 am »

I noticed this a while back and knew the day was coming.  Well get it fixed.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: