VectorLinux
October 21, 2014, 05:24:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: flash player plugin  (Read 2070 times)
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« on: October 23, 2013, 11:10:57 am »

we need updated on this to the latest for the 7.1 repo. thanks.
hata_ph
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 04:37:24 pm »

flashplugin 11.2.202.310 should be available at the 7.1 untested repo soon...
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 03:20:13 pm »

I found this in the vlocore. Tested it and when I went to test the version online, , , well,, see image linked:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/43b700283733776

see the version we have in vlocre, which is installed.. showing in the gslapt box. Then look at the browser box carefully noting the detected version, and then the latest version for Linux showing in the table.
hata_ph
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 04:43:57 pm »

Masta,

I try it on B0.45 64bit and it detect as 11.2.202.310

Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 08:23:55 pm »

Mine is showing up correctly now. I wonder what the delay was? I installed it about 5 minutes before I opened the browser to look. Interesting indeed. Many hours later it is showing correctly.  I think it can go into stable :-) .

Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 07:19:18 pm »

By the way, since the Linux support on this is dead, and HTML5 is not quite out on the web as a major use yet,,, has anyone found a good replacement for this?
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 09:36:52 pm »

When I can't get something to play, I try it on google chrome (not chromium) and it usually works.

John

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
roarde
Vectorian

move the needle

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 10:24:50 pm »

When I can't get something to play, I try it on google chrome (not chromium) and it usually works.

Right. The vendor of the offending application has decided that the API in Chrome is a good enough target for them to write for, and that Linux is not.

So said vendor has decided that Chrome is the browser for Linux.

Do not dispute the vendor. It has a habit of making itself correct.

Robert
VL STD 7.1 RC2.2.2, icewmvmods
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 09:18:09 pm »

Right. The vendor of the offending application has decided that the API in Chrome is a good enough target for them to write for, and that Linux is not.

So said vendor has decided that Chrome is the browser for Linux.

Do not dispute the vendor. It has a habit of making itself correct.
Well said.

I don't use that spying browser either. I tried it out for a few days, and it's unbelievable how much history it stores that you can't get rid of, except to remove the (dot)files.
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 11:54:28 pm »

Has anyone used gnash or lightspark alternatives?..the flash plugin is supposed to have updates for five years so that will give html5 a start..youtube is testing a large percentage of its collection to html5 for testing already I think.

Everything Is Relative
roarde
Vectorian

move the needle

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 12:02:57 am »

I've tried several in the past. Any time an alternative gets close, the bar is moved.

Robert
VL STD 7.1 RC2.2.2, icewmvmods
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 12:51:46 am »

I agree, nice to see alternative projects though. I can live without netflix and likely less gootube aswell.

Everything Is Relative
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 10:21:40 pm »

I know everyone thinks of youtube and the big social web sites. However, my issue is not either of those sites really, but there are many other web sites out there that I like to visit and they require flash. Unfortunately none of the alternatives work, and I have tried some browser add-ons / plug-ins, but they fail too. Play on pogo.com for example and one can not play there on Linux anymore. HTML5 is yet a future to be seen, and even then, it will be a long time before most web sites adopt it, if they will at all.
 I just wondered if anyone here had any insight on alternatives that might be usuable in the near future.
wigums
Packager
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2013, 02:57:36 pm »

pogo is java, i play all the time

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: